Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 9 February 2020

A tag, a page and a rainy day!

I'm sure we have got away without the really bad weather some folk have had here today but it has been a mixed day! It seemed that every time I woke up in the night it was raining against the window and I could hear the wind. When we got up it was very dark and remained that way with rain going sideways in front of the kitchen window throughout most of the morning...hubby delayed his trip out to get the Sunday papers!(we opted out of church today!)
I spent some time on my tablet catching up with commenting.
Suddenly the skies cleared and we had around an hour and a half of sunshine before...clouds started to form and we had a massive thunder storm!

I was busy in my craft room, first some more mundane sorting, I really have hoarded some stuff!

Then I set to making a tag for Tag Tuesday - the theme is 'Black, White and Red'

I spotted this colourful free paper when sorting through some old mags.
I made two tags then ripped the patterned paper to fit. 
I stamped the white tag with some text from a Crafty Individuals stamp the cut off part of a circle cut in red and added a die cut umbel! The words from a Tim Holtz small talk book were mounted on red before adding!
My journal page has taken a few days to put together I started with some brayered paint then added stencilling, stamping, a little bit more brayering then more stencilling and stamping. I stamped randomly with Leonie Pujols Clarity set of hearts before adding some tape, and the figures, one of which had been part of a card I made for hubby, and the sunflower stamp which fell out of a packet while we were sorting one of cupboards! I mounted the girl to match, I think I even found the paper which had been sprayed on the back with bright yellow.
The words were also from the card and I made another scrappy rectangle to put at the bottom!

I am entering at Art Journal Journey and Elizabeth's 'Hearts' theme

I am slowly catching up with everything although it will be a while yet until I am able to comment as I go!

Thanks for looking, Chris



11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

We seem to have the same horrible weather all over Europe and England. It's supposed to be getting worse in the night. Love your very elegant tag, Wendy will be happy, so thanks for joining us at TT. Beautiful journal page, too. Have a hopefully quieter night. Hugs, Valerie

pinky said...

We're in the middle of Storm Ciara over here Chris, not nice at all!! But more time to spend in the craft room lol. I love your gorgeous tag and that fabulous journal page too. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

Meggymay said...

Its a super tag Chris and the journal page looks fantastic. The images are so cute, a super background and sentiment as well. Thank you for adding this to the theme at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Love the art today Chris. Those are happy colors for such a stormy day. And thanks for linking up to AJJ and Elizabeth's theme also. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Seems we are having bad weather on both sides of the pond. I hope you don't have too much damage.

Your tag is superb. I like the composition a LOT. Just super.

I was really pleased to see the quirky characters you used for your journal page. It shows that love comes in all forms. I really like the colors on this one and the various layers you created. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us using my theme at Art Journal Journey.

craftytrog said...

Wonderful art Chris! I love those quirky characters!
Alison xx

Rita said...

Rainy, stormy days are good days to craft. Looks like you put them to excellent use. ;)

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the composition of your red/white/black tag. It's nice to see your hearts against the blue with that yellow accent. Nice!

You had much worse storms than we did. We're getting more of a steady soaking rain.

Mrs.B said...

A great tag Chris, it's good that you were able to use some of the hoarded stuff. Love the journal page, those little figures always make me smile.
Avril xx

WendyK said...

Fabulous tag and journal page Chris, thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday.

Marjut said...

Wonderful page and beautiful tag.