Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 February 2020

T Stands For.....Thoughts of Spring

Hi everyone. I had a few problems last week - I still keep forgetting that I can only comment when I am on Chrome if I use my phone or tablet for commenting, so lots of comments went unpublished before I realised!

Today we went for a walk at one of our favourite places - Dunham Massey Winter Garden.
There were lots of signs of Spring, although there was a nip in the air!
 Snowdrops aplenty


 Lots of shoots around too
 It won't be long before this is covered in greens! The volunteer gardeners were out in force!

 I love this fabulous display of winter iris and snowdrops



 These two were just taking their ease when other couple came along, suddenly the new drake charged at this little lady and with a lot of quacking all three took off leaving a a lone duck!






 One hardy little snowdrop




 Lovely to see early daffodils







 Now, although we ate before our walk...no photos, but I do have something to join with Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T stands for Tuesday!

On Friday hubby and I went to a printing workshop at our local art gallery! We went early so we could have lunch first  but it took ages to arrive and hubby is saying 'Cheese' because he wanted to get on with his meal..and so did I!
He had a cheese and pickle sandwich, mine was a sweet potato and hummus wrap! Our drink water.

I'll show you what we did in another post!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, wow I can't believe all the spring flowers that are popping up there-how wonderful to see-we have lots of snow and some ice coming in beginning late tomorrow.
That's a hugs sandwich! it all looks delicious.
Happy T hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I do the same thing commenting on my phone. And I can't get over your spring blooms already. We have more snow coming this week and even though it feels like March there really isn't all those signs of pretty spring. And your husband's sandwich is huge! Hope you made the class on time. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

wow Chris- Spring is beginning in your parts so much earlier than here!! No signs of anything for us yet:( But, Winter has been kind so far.
Look at that sandwich hubby chose- no wonder he's smiling and wants to dig in!! Although my hubby would choose as your hubby did, I want yours - yum! Happy T day!

Helen said...

It's great to see spring emerging again, as long as we are done with winter! the sandwich looks huge stacked up like that! hope the workshop was fun.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, all those flowers, beautiful! But the grey sky remains. I wanna see the sun for a change, can´t wait for Spring to really be here.
That food looks yummy! (Just... how do you eat that?)
A happy T-day to you, Irisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness Chris. It was beautiful there. It is freezing here. Literally. Nothing will survive the night tonight, so be glad you don't live in my area.

That was huge sandwich T had. I hope he didn't try to take a bite of the whole thing (grin). Both look delicious, though. Thanks for sharing your walk, your meals, and your waters with us for T this Tuesday.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

That looks like a great park to walk in. I like seeing the signs of Spring. My daffodils starting poking out of the ground a week or so ago. Your husband's sandwich is huge. Happy T-Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never heard of a winter iris. Lovely! It does look like Spring there to me! Wow! That's a sandwich for the ages! Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous post! The flowers looks so pretty, it's such a beautiful place to walk around and spring seems very early this year 😁. I hope you enjoyed the workshop and those sandwiches look amazing, happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Darla said...

You certainly have a wonderful place to do your walking. I always think those first spring flowers are so precious, maybe because they are often unexpected. Your husbands sandwich is towering. I frequently read about "cheese and pickle" when reading British mysteries. Never tried it myself.

Lisca said...

Spring is so amazing. I loved those photos of all that is growing and flowering. The snowdrops are always a delight and I had no idea there was a Christmas flowering rhododendron. The ribes icicle is spectacular.
Thank you so much for sharing. It perked me up no end!
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

The Winter Garden is lovely. So nice to see signs of Spring. Still to early for us to see some shoots. I don't think I've ever seen that many snowdrops and I didn't know there were Winter iris. Your hubby is a good sport and I look forward to seeing what you did in the workshop

Eileen Bergen said...

Signs of spring already. How wonderful. We've had pretty nasty weather for the last couple of weeks - cold, cloudy and with sone rain.
So many lovely flowers and shoots. Thanks or sharing you r signs of spring.

Your lunches look delicious. I can't wait to see what you did in the printmaking class.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Words and Pictures said...

The exquisite blue of those winter iris is just glorious against the winter browns and greys - and of course the snowdrops are glorious too. The printing workshop sounds great... I've been a poor visitor again lately - things are busy - but I'll try to keep an eye out for the post about what you got up to.
Alison x