Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Go Green or recycle something at TIOT.

Hi everyone!  We are happy to be green this time around at Try It On Tuesday! This means that your entry can be green...or making use of your junk and do some recycling...or of course..both!!
Please take a look at the inspiration from the Design Team

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding it difficult to part with things that most folk would call rubbish - while sorting out my craft room I came across a few boxes and pencil cases full of scraps!
I decided to make a tag...
...which was cut from a package.
 I coated it with gesso then added some texture and colour by pressing an Aall and create stencil into the gesso (and washed it immediately)and then added some oxide inks which I spritzed to give a paler colour.

I had some packaging from IKEA which when I peeled off the paper revealed a lovely honeycomb pattern so dabbed it with black paint to act as a stamp! Next came some paper from a cereal box..

...I ripped it and stamped on it randomly with a new Aall and create stamp by Autour de Mwa
Next I decided to use another new A and C stamp by Bipasha - I had some paint sample cards from we redecorated last year so masked off part of the stamp and when I had stamped it cut around the shape..
 I also used the stamp on some white corrugated card from a biscuit wrapper
 This was how I was going to add them.... 
 ....but then chose some white netting
 ..and stapled it onto the corner of the tag.
 I wanted some more dimension so stamped the berries onto a circle of leftover card (I have lots of these circles as it means I can bin only the leftovers from a circle not the whole piece (some circles are larger than others).
 I also stamped the flower again and cut  it out. 
 My final little bit of recycling came with a broken spectacle cord, (my specs are always around my neck on a cord as I can't see to walk while wearing my specs!)

The words came from an old book and were happily on the same page - this tag sums up how I felt while making this tag!

I disagree with Kermit - it is easy being green!

The TIOT challenge runs for two weeks and I hope to see your green art there!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic Chris! This is gorgeous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing recycled card. You have given me so many wonderful ideas. I loved the way you used the cereal wax paper and the paint chip. Did you have trouble gettiing the ink to dry on the paint chip? I've had trouble in the past, so have to use Staz-on. This is a marvelous entry and the honeycomb idea was a WOWSER!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It must be late. I meant TAG, not card. DUH!

Cath Wilson said...

Love all your recycling, Chris, but especially the packaging stamp - brilliant! Nice stamps, too ;-) A great piece of art.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing project! I love how you recycled all the elements and the steps that you took, the transformation is so beautiful 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

Now that is some pretty recycled trash!! Just lovely. :)

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great tag Chris. You used so many cool bits and pieces and I love that "stamp" from the cardboard inners. Wow. This is quite a fabulous use of recycling. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Oh Chris it sounds like you had fun creating this project. Its a fantastic tag using so recycled materials and stamping, its a super inspiration for the theme.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Your tag is amazing! I really love it Chris. I enjoyed seeing how you put it all together with recycled elements-

Rosie said...

A wonderful tag

Mrs.B said...

WOW - definitely recycling at it's best, this is a fabulous tag and I love all the little details.
Avril xx

J said...

Chris I really love your tag, so much texture too, a great way to use waste card and packaging. It was interesting to see how you put it all together too.
You should visit Canterbury on your travels as it’s a lovely city, very interesting, we went there years ago with our caravan as you can also spend time in Whitstable, Faversham etc as they are all quite close.
Have a great week, thanks for your earlier visit,
Jan x

Krisha said...

OMGOSH!! Your tag is beyond fantastic.......and all recycled.......amazing!

Joan said...

Fabulous tag Chris, great recycling. Good to hear your health is improving too.

Joan