Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 25 August 2015

T is for two of a kind!

A '2 in 1' post today…hmm..where to start? I have a tag and some photos so I suppose if I show the tag and you don't want to see the photos you can leave then! I was determined not to be last at the Dragons door for this new challenge at Dragons Dream TIO 198, which is the number 2, so my thinking cap was on at the start, but nothing coming to me at all even with the fabulous inspiration from the team (I wanted to think of my own)! 

Yesterday I had a chance to catch up on some blogs - apologies if I didn't get to you…I will I'm sure!

On a visit to my lovely friend Gez I saw that the Stampotique ChallengeSDC209 is to Repeat Yourself. Immediately a song came into my head!

We're two of a kind, for your information, we're two of a kind, 
Two of a kind,it's our observation, we're two of a kind,
Like peas in a pod and birds of a feather,
Alone or together you'll find
That we are two-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo, oo of a kind!

If you were at home on Saturday night in the 70's you might have heard Morecambe and Wise sing this!!(yep! I can hear ya!!)
Bobby Darin and Johnny Mercer sang this in the US.
So, here is my tag
  

The 'Mort' twins! The tag was run through some Brushos on a mat and then I added some straw blown Graphik line painters. The words are computer generated.

I am also here to join my good blog friend Elizabeth at for T stands for Tuesday. 

I have some photos of what we got up to last week while away at our caravan with my son, grandson and grand-daughter.This is where you may need to go and grab your tea or coffee!
before
after!
 We had painted the rails on the decking the previous week while the weather was being kind!!
On the first day we went off to Keswick - in the very North of the Lake District


 A beautiful backdrop with gathering clouds!
Lots of interesting displays….

 ..and a fabulous shop!!!
Hubby got there first!!!
There were tables around the museum and café so that we could try the products.Staff were happy to demonstrate too! Of course I bought something..it would have been rude not to! My Grand-daughter and I had been colouring with my Inktense blocks the evening before and as it is her birthday(tomorrow!)she requested some for her present so along with some colouring pencils and water brushes that's what she got! Oh! OK… a few more Inktense and some pencils for me too!!!
We also had a very interesting visit to the Puzzling Place - by then it was raining!




By the time we came out the rain had stopped!
The next day we went to Dalemain House …with 2 for 1 tickets.
A lovely setting and very interesting with lovely gardens. The pictures are enough I think









a sleeping dragon



On Friday we went to Carnforth railway station to the refreshment room where they made the war time film Brief Encounter

On our last day we went to a local pub for a meal together before we went home - my drink - water…GD did not like eating from the strange shaped dish!
I do hope you are still here so that I can say …
Thank you for looking, Chris

30 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

And WHO does not like pictures.
I do much better with photos that tell a thousand words than posts with a thousand words! LOL
In fact I will be going back for a second lookie look Chris :-)
The Pencil Museum looks very cool and I am glad you did your part and bought a little something...you really do not want to be a "rude" visitor.
So much to enjoy here...thank you for taking the time to share.
Happy T Day too oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You KNOW how much I love seeing your wonderful holiday and travel photos, so this was a real treat. The photos of the gardens were amazing. That sleeping dragon was really adorable.

I was so in awe of the Derwent Museum and Store. I have heard of their products, but never seen them here in KS. A pity, too, since they are supposed to be very intense in color.

I loved the Puzzle Museum and the optical illusions you and your GD shared in photos. I've seen these illusions in my old Psych books, but never knew anyone who actually posed for them. I loved those photos so much!!

Had to laugh that GD didn't like eating out of the curved dish. I'm sure she'll get used to them if she eats in nice restaurants. They certainly don't have anything like that at McDonalds (grin)!

BTW, I'm with Patty. I try to share more photos than words, and your trip photos were perfect.

Thanks for sharing these joyous adventures with us for T this Tuesday and thank you AGAIN for the incredibly generous gifts and ATC you sent!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic tag Chris, its super image of the Mort twins. I remember the song as well.
All your photos look great, looks like you had some lovely days out with the family.
Yvonne xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Brilliant tag, and loved catching up with you via your photos! Looks like you had a great time

Viktoria Berg said...

Love the Mort twins, though I know nothing about them. What a great outing, love the photos. Happy T Day!

Rita said...

Yes, I remember the song! Blowing ink or paint with a straw is such fun!!! The railing looks fabulous. A pencil museum! I'd be right inside! I keep hearing about and seeing people use Inktense pencils and blocks...might have to give in one day. And a glorious park to wander in. What adventures!! I loved all the pics. (But then you know how I love pictures--LOL!) Happy T-Day! :)

Sam & Poppy said...

Such a sweet tag. Great repeating Mort!
So glad you joined in this weeks challenge at Stampotique

Helen said...

LOVE the tag, thanks for dreaming with us again this time. Your trip looks fabulous - I have only been to the Lake District once, but you got some great pictures.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I really enjoyed seeing your photos. The gardens were lovely, and the sleeping dragon was awesome! Those perspective illusions were really fun too. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Barb said...

I love your tag. Those twins look menacing. Great little characters. I love your photos. The gardens are beautiful and the museum looks really interesting and great fun. I've never heard about it before. Well done treating yourself and I'm sure your granddaughter will love her birthday gift. Barbxx

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a great post to enjoy reading and looking at. You took excellent photos to tell parts of your story. Your tag is lots of fun; I grinned at your inspiration, M & W were a family favourite for many years.
The pencil museum is fabulous! (I googled it) and you were quite right to make some nice purchases; good manners are so important ;)
The gardens look fabulous and I love the dragon and sleeping giant.
I remember going to Carnforth with my school wa-aay back and again with my siblings and parents. I bought a fruit knife in a wee leather pouch, which I still have and use on outings.
Thank you for sharing your adventures and for bringing back fine memories. Happy T Day :D :D

Linda Kunsman said...

what a thrill to go along on your visits to such fantastic places Chris! Thanks for sharing it all! And oh my- I do remember that song and I LOVE your Mort twins tag! Happy T day and thanks for the visit to my blog too.

Ariel said...

Your photos of the garden are lovely. I also found the Puzzling Place very interesting
Happy Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh i loved looking at the garden pictures. So pretty!!! I'm so glad you shared them. I think you restrained yourself quite well at the pencil museum...lol Alot better than i would have... Cultivating art in the young...YES!! Happy happy tday! Hugs! deb

Dianne said...

Loved the tag...what cute ghoulish looking little fellows they are! And great holiday photos too! happy T day...

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, that garden! Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos :) I like the view from your deck, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely Post, you visited some wonderful places last week. I remember Keswick well, often went there for walking holidays. but I never saw the pencil museum - perhaps it's new. The tag is lovely, and now that song will be echoing in my head all day! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Your tag is fun, cute and unique. Love it, Chris.
Thanks for wonderful photos, too.
Have a happy day xx

Annie said...

Those two characters on your tag are such fun. Good grief but I can just imagine the shenanigans they could get up to together! LoL Great tag and take on the # 2 challenge. I was so entranced within your beautiful photos! I'm so jealous of your visit to the pencil museum. Although it's probably best for my pocketbook that I cannot enter there. The puzzle place looks like such fun too!

Carol said...

Nice tag!! I love of the photos of you time with family :) Looks like a fun and beautiful trip ♥

Krisha said...

LOVE this post Chris, all the pictures are fascinating and fun to look at.

Your tag is a fun one and I'm glad you tried blowing ink with a straw......yes it is fun huh?

The garden visit was so pretty, that little house would be so perfect for a little art studio, with all the lush green around it.

Of course YOU and GD needed new Inktense.....everything. She is really cute, and by the way, it's Hannah's B-day today, so they are really close in age. Maybe someday they will meet.

LOVE the Puzzling Place photos. We've been to places like that and they are so fun......even for the adults.....*grin*

Thanks for stopping by for T-day

Juliz Design Post said...

What super family photos for precious memories. Adore your cheeky little tag.
Julie x

Lisca said...

I really enjoyed looking at all your photos. The photos with the illusions are they from the pencil museum or was that somewhere else?
The garden is gorgeous. Love the sleeping dragon...
The tag is great by the way (I nearly forgot to say)
Sorry it's a bit late. Tuesday is long gone, but hey!
Lisca

Halle said...

What a great trip! The Puzzle place sounds like a blast!
Happy T day

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous tag Chris ♥ Thank you for joining the challenge. Good luck for the draw. xx

I'm very envious of your trip to the pencil museum. Looks like you all had a grand day out :))

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely photo's AND a brilliant tag Chris. I like the twins :o) Great idea! Lx

Jeannette said...

lovely images on time.your clock pages are wonderful,love it so much.


oxo jenny

Sue said...

Loved your photo's Chris, we went to the pencil museum last year so it was good to see it again. It really is a good day out isn't it. Your Mort twins make a great fun tag, thank you for joining in with us at Stampotique, and have a great weekend. Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

I just love your playful tag - I'm not sure I know the song, though I was an avid M&W fan (though very young obviously!)… the splattered ink is very cool. And lovely to see the playfulness continuing in the fun and games with your family visitors. Great to see what you've been up to in the beautiful Lakes - at least you won't mind the traditional weather given it's been chucking it down everywhere this month!!
Alison xx

ElizabethR said...

Love your tag with the terrible two on it lol. Haven't been to the pencil museum in years, need a trip up there. Thanks for joining in with us at the Dragons Dream TIO, Elizabeth xxx