Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 18 August 2018

Five minutes..plus....

By now you just know that I am enjoying to continue to make little five minute pages!
This one was made without the words in five minutes and was going to be left as such until I was looking for words for another project and found these on the page.
I dragged splodges of paint on with a glue spreader - must admit I like this effect! I stamped some squares randomly over the paint and then decided to put a chocolate wrapper, conveniently left on my desk by hubby, under the Paper Artsy Lynne Perella image I had stamped onto tissue a while ago. I wondered whether the gold would shine through and although it doesn't show here it does. The flowery paper at the edge was a cake wrapper I took away with me from a restaurant - it was waxy so I cleaned it off and put it in one of my bigger bags that I have been sorting through. Finally some of the remaining paint was spattered and had time to spatter some gold too!

As I added the words I decided that the gold wrapper would look better slightly crumpled at the edge so I can't really claim that this only took me 5!!!

I count my blessings that my hubby not only knows what I can use in my crafting but that he was cooking our evening meal while I made this page!

I am entering Elizabeth's 'Count Your Blessings' challenge at Art Journal Journey
and
Craft Stamper August - Take It Make It August challenge

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal paper, the gold paper ads a great touch! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Lynne Perrella is an awesome artist, isn't she? You made a super page using that image and all the other little details. Nice words too. She looks like the king's daughter would look back in those old days. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

You are on a roll with this fabulous 5 minute art! Another wowser dear Chris! I am thrilled about your style and say thank you once more for a fantastic entry linked to ELizabeth's AJJ theme!I love this Lynne Perella stampset and you used the motif in a wonderful way!
Much appreciated!
Happy weekend!
Hugs, Susi

Helen said...

I wish I had someone to cook whilst I made journal pages, ha ha! Another great page.

Divers and Sundry said...

A thoughtful husband is a true blessing :) And one who can cook? Jackpot! lol

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Give that fabulous husband of yours a big kiss to let him know how much we all appreciate how much he does to enhance your art AND cooks, too.

The sentiment goes perfectly with the gorgeous Lynne Perella stamp. And of course, that 5 minute PLUS journal page is simply out of this world.

You have truly blessed me with your latest entry and our friendship. Thank you for once again sharing this beauty for my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Meggymay said...

It is a wonderful stamp Chris, I think I have something similar, its never surfaced for years. This is another awesome quickie page, you are on a roll with these fabulous pages.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Your 5 minute page is gorgeous! I absolutly LOVE that Lynne Perrella image and that background.
Kate

Jeannette said...

your 5 minute page is lovely,love the stripes and the lynne perella stamp.
happy sunday.


hugs jenny

Linda said...

Fabulous journal page. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

craftytrog said...

Simply fabulous Chris! I love the gold with the kraft background, and of course that wonderful image!
Alison xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love how you recycled the sweet and cake wrappers and I bet the gold really sparkles up close - stunning 😁. Nice of your hubby to make tea while you craft too! Wishing you a Happy Sunday! J 😊 x