Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 19 August 2018

Playtime!

We came back from the caravan yesterday, quite late, instead of today as we haven't been to church for a while! 
I was pleased we did as it was an uplifting service.

I am still trying to get back to some crafting for fun, the first three days of last week were all about Messy Day!(more soon!)and then we decided to go away for a couple of days even though we hadn't planned to.

This afternoon I decided to make some preparations for our holiday in September. My travel journal needed tidying up, French items removed...for now, and some more papers added!

I decided to make some master boards for ripping, cutting,and punching....to add to some I had made a few weeks ago


 ...and from here I went on to attempt a five minute page...it went over mainly because all of my glues were clogged up, and actually went to around six and a half minutes.
I am still quite happy with it though as I could use my 'new' papers.
Some spattered paper, stamping and as you can see I cut out some Brigit Koopsen leaves to become trees! I drew in some ground for them and stamped the words (from a stand at Version Scrap)

I 'count my blessings' for Elizabeth's theme at Art Journal Journey for encouraging words and time to play!

I am also entering this at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Sprinkles and Spatters

Thanks for looking, Chris 

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

You piqued my curiosity. Where are you headed in September? Nice page today too. If you are staying simple you know how to make it cool! Great page Chris Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning. These 5 minute pages are becoming a staple in your art journals. You do a bit of prep work, then voilà, a fabulous entry appears. This is a beautiful entry with the leaves that turned into trees. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. You are truly a blessing to me.

Helen said...

ooh, another holiday... wonder where. Love the circle and the trees.

Kath Stewart said...

love your 5 minute page Chris and how you used leaves to create your trees, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page Chris! You have such a hand for bits and little pieces! A very inspiring post and page! I could never create such a beautiful page in just 5 or 10 minutes! Gorgeous!
Great to see you linking to Elizabeth's theme again!
And... I guess I know where you will visit....lol!

Hugs
Susi

craftytrog said...

Brilliant page Chris! Xxx

Rita said...

I can't believe you are doing these in around five minutes! Wow! :)