Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 16 August 2018

Black Bird

Another of my five minutes every day for a week pages
Cheap paint dragged onto the page with a make up sponge, scraps added and then stamped with AALL and Create  Autor de Mwa stamps. The bird was cut from an old bird ID book and was in my scrap bag. I had the chit chat ready to use. I had time to add some dotty doodling too!
Relatively tidy to start - this was at the dining table in the caravan!
Not so bad afterwards!
I really do enjoy these five minute pages and I count my blessings for time(however short) to play in what has been a very busy week.
I am joining Elizabeth at Art Journal Journey - Count Your Blessings.

Messy Day was fun but a lot of preparation required and a full on day yesterday! I slept very well last night!!!
Can you see what we played with?

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This latest 5 minute journal page is charming. I can't believe how much you accomplish in 5 minutes. Using leftovers, scraps, and precut images helps, too. This is a something much prettier than I could ever accomplish. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

I've never seen them in person, but I've seen BRUSHOS on others' blogs, so I would say that was part of the play day.

Valerie-Jael said...

You made a fun journal page. Hope you enjoyed messy day. Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

great page, Chris. I thought 5 minutes would be easy (it's how long my daily prompts for the France Papillon challenge is meant to take.. I am way behind!)

Let's Art Journal said...

Great things do take time and in this case just 5 minutes - what an amazing page! I love it 😁. Happy Thursday! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

It is a wonderful fussy cut blackbird for your 5 minute page, it looks great and I am still in awe that it only took 5 minutes.
It looks like you had fun yesterday with the Brusho's.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

You page made me think of the Beatles song. Really like your quick page. Blackbirds are great art subjects. Can't wait to see what you ended up making. Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page Chris! I love the bird!
Happy Friday!
Alison xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Your latest 5 minute journal page is so beautiful again. Now I have the beatles song in my ear! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. What an amazing play day.
Happy weekend dear Chris!
Hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey there, Chris. It's HAPPY MAIL DAY. I just got home and found your highly decorated envelope and message to the postal people (grin) in my mailbox. I haven't opened it yet because I wanted to thank you before I did anything else. Thank you more than you can possibly realize. Look for what you sent me at T on Tuesday (or actually Monday night).

BTW, Squiggles wants to know if one of those cats is supposed to be him!