Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 27 August 2018

T Stands For....the Pride Parade!

Last Saturday we set off on the tram for Manchester city centre!
One of my sons was going to be on a float and we wanted to show our support to the parade! Although we had set out early we were surprised to see that all the barriers had loads of people already standing waiting.
We headed off for a coffee and then chose a spot with a reasonable view (not all of the time though!!)
The carnival theme was 'Circus of Acceptance'!











The line dancers kept going through their routines


 Now, here comes the float my son is on...
 ...and here it is.... gone past! I was so busy looking for him I forgot to take a photo and we only spotted him after it had passed as he was over the other side!!! 
We watched for a while longer..the parade was far longer than the last time we saw one - I think it must have at least trebled the number of floats! It was still going strong after two and a half hours - although that included several stops for the trams to get through - right by where we were!




Our legs began to ache from standing still and we were hungry so we walked around 200 yards back to a restaurant we had spotted on our way.
Of course Bleubeard and Elizabeth are waiting to see what drink we have this week for T Stands For Tuesday.
 As you can see we chose water to go with our fishy lunches.
 Hubby had a fish pie which because of the prawns I couldn't have!I had a fish finger sandwich, well almost, I couldn't eat all of the bread or the chips(fries) because when we got in I began to feel a little faint so I asked the waiter for some sweet potato fries - I think it was low sugar as I soon perked up!!
One of the best things was, the restaurant being called the Anthologist, the bill came inside this old book!
We will be going back as the food was delicious and the menu was wide enough to please the whole family.

Elizabeth wrote a brilliant post the other day titled 'What is LOVE?' Definitely worth a look.

Today I made a journal page inspired by all the fabulous outfits but I'll save that for later - too many pics here already!

Thanks for looking and Happy T day! Chris


18 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The parade looks fabulous, Chris. I'm happy there was such a supportive crowd. The Anthology menu presentation is really neat. You're amazing with adjusting your sugar level. I never would have thought the difference between white potato French fries and sweet potato fries could make so much difference.

Elizabeth's post was right on. (I hope you know that phrase.)

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Linda Kunsman said...

wow- what a fabulous turn out for the parade! and it must have been so much fun to see. But I must say that for me , that huge building behind most of your shots is what takes my breath away-oh my!! The lunch would appeal to me all around. It's so good that you can monitor and know your sugar levels. Thanks for sharing your day, and happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like a joyful parade. And it is good to see so many people came out in support. I can see how you would be so distracted that you almost missed your son. There was so much to see. You got some super photos Chris. Thanks for sharing them. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Halle said...

Looks like the parade was very lively! Love the architecture of the building across the road from you in most of the photos.
Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Chris, this is a wonderful post. I love the photos of the parade. I loved seeing each one that showed the diversity of the parade participants and how excited the parade goers were. SO glad you got to go and see it, even if you had to leave after a couple of hours. At least you got to see your son.

One of my favorite shots was the fire truck: fire doesn't discriminate, neither (and I'm assuming the rest is) neither do we. That's radical, because firefighters live together in 24 hour shifts, at least they do in the states. I am SO glad there is so much more acceptance for this community than in the states. There are pockets of acceptance, especially in cities like San Francisco and New York, but red neck states like KS has trouble liking anyone who isn't exactly like them. In fact, our Sec of State (who is now running for Gov) refused to allow any gays to marry, even after the govt said it was acceptable.

Sorry! Off my soap box now.

I was at a restaurant one time where the bill came inside a book, too. I think that is a clever way to present the bill. I'm impressed that you are so capable of controlling your blood sugar like you do. You certainly know your body. I hate to tell you, but I would also have the prawn pie with T. Of course, I like the idea of drinking water with my meal, too.

Thanks for sharing the Pride parade and your meal and waters with us for T this Tuesday. And thanks for the kind words, too.

Helen said...

some great shots of the Pride parade, and what lovely weather too! typical that you should forget to take a photo of your son's float, but much more important that you saw him go by. Glad you got your blood sugar to recover with the chips!!

Valerie-Jael said...

That was a great parade. Glad you found a nice restaurant, and I love how they presented the bill. That's a great idea. The food looks good, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

you had a good place to watch the parade! and though it took a long time, i think the colorful and versatile costumes made it amusing. but of course a good restaurant is welcome after that. the special way to present the bill is very clever! happy t-day ♥

kathyinozarks said...

sounds like an awesome parade-and I was particularly impressed with that very large brick building-must be a very old structure.
looks like you found a very nice restaurant-I am not familiar with fish pie so sounded interesting.
glad you were able to spot your son in the parade too
Happy T

Let's Art Journal said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time watching the parade! I loved seeing all your photos and I bet your son enjoyed being on the float, such fun 😁. The restaurant looks amazing and that's one huge fish finger sandwich ...lol 😉. Glad you got your sugar levels sorted and it's a lovely idea to present the bill in that old book too. Can't wait to see your page inspired by those outfits! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

J said...

Great photos of the parade and the restaurant looks a great place to eat.
I haven't been to Manchester for years, our son moved there when he left Uni but then moved to London to work. Have a great week
Jan no 15

jinxxxygirl said...

Your lunch looks fabulous Chris! And dear hubby is always a good sport.. :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

It's been years since I went to a parade, so I enjoyed this virtual view :) That restaurant does look like it's worth going back to. Such a fun day! Happy T Tuesday

Words and Pictures said...

Looks like everybody had a fabulous time - and I look forward to the journal page celebrating the marvellous costumes. I love that the restaurant brought the bill in a book - what a delightful idea.
Alison x

Rita said...

What a glorious, colorful parade! I wish people would be more accepting of anyone who is different from them. Two and a half hours and still going strong--whew! I definitely would have needed a chair--LOL!

That restaurant sounds wonderful and quirky. Glad you had such a nice day and shared it with us. :)

Kate Yetter said...

That building across the street seems to have caught many an eye, mine included. Beautiful architecture is always appreciated.
I look forward to seeing your journal page inspired by the colorful costumes. What a fun way of receiving the check! And the food certainly looks yummy!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Meggymay said...

A fantastic post Chris you picked a good place to view the parade. All the photos showed how happy folk seemed to be there.
The restaurant looked good, you have me thinking about fish finger sandwiches now, its years since I had one.
Very late Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

What a glorious celebration! The costumes are amazing. And so cool that your son was in the parade. Your lunch made me laugh. Do fish have fingers? =^,.^= I love the idea of old books being given a new use. Looking forward to seeing your costume journal page. Happy T Day