Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Be yourself!

As promised here is the journal page I made inspired by the Pride parade in Manchester last weekend.
 I was lucky enough to acquire a copy of Vogue magazine - there are some fabulous photos in it and I intend using some for image transfers, but this one made me think back to the parade! There were some very glamorous outfits and I don't know (and don't need to) what gender the wearers were!
I started off with a plain background - watered down Fresco paint smoothed on with a sponge.
 I added stencils and stamping until I was happy with the coverage.
I used my set of little flowers that I bought in the Orsay Museum in Paris last year.
As you can see I also added some home made tape...
I picked up some dried paint from my plastic lid 'paint palette'with some clear tape and added it straight to the page.

I attempted to stamp the sentiment onto the page but the ink just wasn't going to dry on that tape!! I stamped onto a piece of paper that I covered in the same Bora Bora paint that I used on the page and cut it out.
I added a fussy cut butterfly that I had inked and added white pen to as I though all those flowers would surely attract brighter butterflies than those I had stamped on the page.
I am entering the 'Count Your Blessings' chosen by Elizabeth at Art Journal Journey. We are blessed that more countries in our World are  becoming accepting to the LBGT community and certainly in my adopted  home town of Manchester!

I would also like to enter at 
More Mixed Media - Anything Goes - optional 'Brights'

Rubber Dance challenge Colour theme and/or Nature as this will be the last time I can enter this challenge (they are moving to face Book which sadly I will not be joining)

I must apologise to anyone I haven't made a comment to recently but  using the keyboard or my phone is quite painful - a temporary situation hopefully!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That flowered background is just gorgeous. I think some paper or a fabric like that would be really cool. And I love the lady you added-she is fabulous. So I guess you made a great page! Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, love the flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at More Mixed Media. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow- what an amazing page with this fantastic background and the perfect fitting image! Wonderful!
I am sure the Pride parade is something fantastic in Manchester - we have the Pride parade in Vienna since 23 years already! I think this is great! Wonderful to live in a country who accepts the LBGT community! I agree with you! A fantastic entry for Elizabeth's theme dear Chris!
Thank you very much!
Hugs, Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

"Be Yourself" is a wonderful encouragement. I especially love that background -and the flowered headpiece, of course :)

Marjut said...

So beautiful, I like the background.

Kate Yetter said...

This is stunning, Chris! I am loving that very colorful background and that fabulous lady. Those stamps from the Paris museum are so pretty. I love that they are colored one the outside.
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a genuinely beautiful journal page you have given us today. The focal image is perfect and does give pause to gender, although, like you, I don't care, other than it adds to the mystique of the spread.

Your background is so colorful and beautiful. Your butterfly is the perfect addition, and your sentiment says it all. I'm delighted the Manchester community has embraced the LGBT community, and I'm so glad you shared this blessing of pride with us at Art Journal Journey. Thanks again for joining my theme there.

Helen said...

I love this page! Great use of the image from Vogue too.

Meggymay said...

You created a beautiful background for the stunning Vogue lady. It is a fabulous page to record your day out in Manchester.
I hope you are not in to much pain and will be on the mend soon.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Glamorous, fabulous, a treat of a page!
Alison x

Annie said...

Your journal pages are absolutely fabulous Chris x I adore the background you created and the vogue image sits perfectly xx

TFS and sending best wishes
Annie x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing page! You captured the beauty of the fabulous parade perfectly - I love it 😀. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Happy September! J 😊 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fabulous page, Chris! Great quote!! I love that floral stamp set and the way you made the tape. I have to give that a try. Hugs, Eileen

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.