Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 4 August 2018

Little bag of goodies!

I am here with another page for Elizabeth's fabulous Count Your Blessings theme at Art Journal Journey. What a great theme!

When we go on a journey or I  am going to spending some time waiting I take a little pencil case with me(unless it's a longer trip when I take my travel journal that has little pockets for scraps)
The other week we had to take our car for a check so I took my A6 journal and my little bag. In it there is a little glue pen, small scissors, a black fine liner pen,a white pen, scraps including parts of book pages, some washi tape wrapped onto some acetate, and some stickers, including some hand made ones.
This is one of the pages I made that day.
I coloured the flower when I got home but the words were on one of the pieces of book paper I had chosen. The papers were bits torn off under paper and some gelli plate rejects, I used the pen to make some scribbly writing about what I was thinking at the time.
I count my blessings that I am able to craft on the go, wherever that may be! Oh! You want to see the bag..Okay..here it is - it was quite full at the time as it came to the caravan with me.

It seems funny that those words are now true in these parts as it has cooled down just enough to be pleasant!

Thanks for looking, Chris
A scheduled post of course!!!

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page. I always have a bag of stuff with me, too, even in hospital! Still VERY hot here, I just want it to end. Hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful page Chris, I love that flower! It is much cooler here today and the sky is completely clouded over - I don't much like it when it is too hot but I do love to see a blue sky! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful Chris, I love that green border edge, makes those flower colours pop. You are well equipt with your travelling art i'm not sure I could fit my must have's in that tiny wee baggy.
Have a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

What a fabulous 'on the go' page you created Chris! Such a great idea!
Happy weekend,
Alison xxx

My name is Erika. said...

I love your page and your pouch filled with fun toys! Smart idea. I usually bring a book on short errands like this-and definitely a supplies when I travel. Although last trip I brought them and never touched them. This is a super page and amazing how much you can do while waiting for a car or other appointment. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

This is such a good idea with the bag Chris and the pge you made on the go is brillint in my eyes! So pleased you show it t AJJ for Elizabeth's theme! Be hppy that it has cooled down at your place. We got the heat now..uff..sitting here on the PC with the bikini meanwhile.... puuuh!
Happy weekend!

Thank you for this wonderful page dear Chris!
Hugs, Susi

Helen said...

well it's heated up here again, nearly 30 again at Kew this morning.... great page though, love those flowers

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful idea to craft "on the go" and your page is beautiful! I love the layers of paper and washi tapes that you used to highlight your pretty flower - perfect 😁. Happy Saturday! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

This art kit is a great idea! We used to pack up a bag for the kids, but I never thought of doing one for me. Fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore your "on the go" bag and art. It's amazing what you can make with only a few scraps and tools. Being able to craft on the go truly is a blessing, and one I had not even considered. It's a great page, beautifully done, with great composition, and just the right amount of color. It was great of you to make and share this for my theme at Art Journal Journey. This is fabulous.

Meggymay said...

Your little goodie bag holds quite a bit of stuff to create art with. This is a fantastic page. I'm afraid I'd never manage with such a small container.
Yvonne xx