Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 June 2018

Getting ahead of myself!

Time is flying by so I must be having fun!!! Actually I am, although I am a bit busy still - watch this space!!

I have my new calendar journal page though, and I am going to enter at Art Journal Journey where Gill is hosting with a new theme - 'Inspired by'
I really wanted to use these Aall and Create paintbrush stamps, they have such inspiring quotes on them! I sat and made a background while watching TV - I used some Inktense watercolour pencils and a water brush to roughly blend the edges. I stamped both brushes across the page and then added a couple of Indigoblu stamps and some very old Creative Expression art word stamps.
My May pages are complete and I have added little more black to the flowers.
 I also have a tag for TagTuesday's theme - Locks and Keys
This tag was started a while ago but never finished so I repurposed it for this theme! I stamped a JOFY alphabet stamp over it then a Unity Stamps key stamp. The Crafty Individuals door is on a small gelli print and another key, fussy cut, was added. All I needed then were some words (Tim Holtz clippings and a paper doll waiting on the doorstep! 

As it's very nearly the 2nd I am also joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth for a second look at an old post.

This is from June 2013
            ______________________________


I can do it …with a little help from my friend!!
I had a birthday card to make for my son's partner and, although I knew the date suddenly realised I hadn't made one and ….it's today!!!!!
So into the craft room, stepping over things I have ready for my GD, charity shop/tip, and set to looking for manly colours.
Decided on blue and brown - I'm so predictable!!!
My lovely friend Sarah allowed me to stamp some images the other day that I thought would be just perfect although in the end I chose just one of the set of three Smitten Moustache Monsters 
coloured in with distress markers, stormy sky, frayed burlap and walnut stain
Bearing in mind that speed was of the essence - what on earth possessed me to make an easel card? I haven't made one of these for ages so had forgotten where the scoring went so had to chop it down a bit!!!
Here it is from the front - although he has gorgeous eyes I used some wiggly eyes that I found while sorting things out for GD.
I think he looks quite happy mounted on hessian!
Card now delivered - hope he likes it!


Edit - he liked it and said I got extra points for googly eyes!!

                               ______________________________

I'll be back soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

You do make very pretty calendars every month. And I can't wait to see what all this busy life is about. Hmmm. And that was a fun look back for second on the second. Happy June Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You, Alison, and Yvonne put my puny calendar to shame. Yours is super stunning. Even cutting out all those little squares and gluing them down takes a LONG time. I am SO impressed with your calendar pages every month and this month is definitely NO different. Of course, I simply adore the fact you also chose this as your first entry this month for Art Journal Journey, too.


I'm also quite impressed with your lovely tag you created. What a great way to take a tag you made before and turn it into this challenge.

As for your darling card for your son's partner, I remember this one. I was impressed with it back then and am impressed with it again today. Thanks for sharing this adorable card with us as your second look on the 2nd.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely calendar and tag. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Lovely piece for 2nd on the 2nd, too. Have a good weekend, hugs, Valerie

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous pieces all of them and well done for keeping the calendar going every day and the new one looks awesome!

Cath Wilson said...

Love your card, Chris, lol - I remember that stamp :-)

Great idea to do your calendar pages that way, too - long time since I did a calendar challenge - I used to enjoy the art but always forgot to write in it, lol, so I gave that up!

Tag Tuesday is new to me, so I've bookmarked that one - it's a great tag! So many elements but they all come together so well...love the chappie! Great colours, too.

Cath x

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of all your pretty calendar spreads every month. I love the stripes and paintbrush stamps! Cool. I take the brushes for a sign you want to do much art this month -lol! So we will get much to see here! And I can't wait to see all your pages and pieces . And that was a beautiful birthday card as a look back for second on the second. And the tag with the key is just brilliant as well! Happy June Chris.Thank you very much for joining in at Art Journal Journey with the beautiful calendar spread!Hope to see much more from you again this month!
Hugs, Susi

Gibby Frogett said...

What a wonderful post Chris, your tag is great and I adore the card you made - love the colours and that monster stamp is just so adorable - great idea using the googly eyes :)
And I love LOVE your calenders and those lovely quote stamps. Having seen Alisons calender earlier too you both have inspired me to think about my calender for next year and make it more colourful and interesting - thank you.
Thanks also for joining in at AJJ and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Gill xx

https://decorcraftdesign.wordpress.com said...

Wow, great artworks! You're very creative and talented.
Mel

Words and Pictures said...

Great calendar pages - those words are fabulous going up and down the page - and I always love seeing the filled in version at the end of the month. Wonderful use of that door stamp on your tag, and I think the little monster on the card is just adorable - my favourite colour scheme too!
Alison x

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your calender pages very much, and your second look made me smile-loved it. Happy second on the 2nd

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your calendar pages are lovely, Chris. I wish we lived close so I could borrow those pens stamps ;-) They're quite special.

The easel card you're sharing for 2nd on the 2nd is adorable! Sometimes the things we make under time pressure come out better than we might have expected. And you got extra credit or the googly eyes - how wonderful!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous art projects Chris, the journal calendar page look great and so does the card with the wobbly eyes.
Yvonne xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Super Tag..loving the images..I have the door stamp somewhere in the depths of my craft room,lol.
Great background too.
Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

Anonymous said...

Love your calendar pages Chris and the tag is beautiful..xx

WendyK said...

Lovely tag and calendar, I haven't done my June one yet, thanks for the reminder. Thank you for doing us on Tag Tuesday.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fabulous artwork! I love the little monster you created, such fun 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and Happy June! J 😊 x

Dianne said...

oh yes, you should always get extra points for googly eyes! lol...can't tell you how many times I've waited until the last minute to make a card...you aren't the only one who nearly forgets! Love your tag, card, and calendar pages. I'm amazed at how small you can write! but I guess bigger squares means less space to decorate... ;)