Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 25 June 2018

Simon Says 'Coffee anyone?'

Hi everyone, this is sadly my last time in the spotlight here at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge


The brilliant Design Team have been most welcoming and I thank you all for inviting me to join you!
Once again the team have such inspiring projects to show you,
I have enjoyed myself so much each week creating alongside them!

So, this week the theme is Food and Drink - Oh yes!

We have one of those coffee pod machines - we don't use it that much - one cappuccino or latte a day is enough(so we tell ourselves!)the rest of the time it's either instant or cafetiere coffee!

I have had this fancy empty tissue box for a while and I realised that it would hold enough pods for a few days instead of getting the boxes out every time.


I started by using my Gelli plate to make a cover for the rather garish box! I used the Tim Holtz - Splatters Layering stencil and Paper Artsy Fresco paints, making sure I didn't go over the edges with my brayer and create a line
Next I cut an oval from a piece of Tim Holtz's Lost and Found paper pad and added different inks and paints(got carried away and totally forgotten what!)and stamped my Stampendous House Mouse Coffee Break stamp

I stamped some berries and leaves using another House Mouse stamp from way back but there are others here with elements that can be stamped separately!
I coloured them with Tim Holtz Distress markers that I scribbled onto an acrylic block and picked up with my Pentel Aqua brush
I had partially coloured the mouse image in the same way using a Brushed Corduroy marker.

Next I had an idea for the back of the box - I found a little die in the Tim Holtz Sizzix Funky Floral 3 set that I could use to make a coffee plant - cutting out in both green and red card, so out came my Sizzix Big Shot. I stuck on the berries with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic glue - it has a fine nozzle for sticking smaller items and really does stick well.
 Was it fiddly?......Oh yes!! I am so pleased with the result though once I had added some Uni ball signo white pen

I cut out some Tim Holtz Sizzix Vintage Market letters and positioned them at the top of the box
I started with the middle letters so that I could space them centrally. You can also see how my gelli print turned out as I lost the photos I took!
All that remained was to build up the 'plant'....
...and assemble the bits on the other side.
I added a bit of fancy cut paper around the top!
Coffee anyone? 
A little reminder about the challenge prize - there is a very generous Gift voucher to spend in the SSS store...






....and you may also get chosen to be in the spotlight at Simon Says Monday Challenge too!

Here is a quick link to some of the items I have used but I have also added them as I have gone along
GelliArts gel plate
Paper Artsy fresco paints
Tim Holtz layeringstencil
House Mouse stamp
Tim Holtz Sizzix Funky Floral 3 thinlet dies
Sizzix Big Shot 

I am entering  the House Mouse269 - Anything Goes - Option Back to School! It's really an 'anything goes' but as an ex teacher I can tell you - coffee is really important!


Thanks for looking, Chris


25 comments:

Lorraine A said...

What a fabulous coffee pod container!!! I am a fan of House Mouse and this is perfect and adorable! The way you made the coffee plants is brilliant, very clever and totally gorgeous!! :-)

Thank you so much for being such a fabulous guest!! you are such a pleasure to work with and I have really enjoyed our chats :-) Enjoy the summer and hope you manage to get away in your van a few times and enjoy the beautiful countryside,,, I miss England ,,,,, XXX
luv
Lols x x x

Lula said...

Stunning makeover Chris!
Love it!
Lula xo

Divers and Sundry said...

We don't use the pods, but you made a wonderful way to keep some out and handy. So pretty!

Caty said...

Woowwww Chris... what a so wonderful Art piece !! absolutely amazing, love it!! The colours and details are gorgeous!
I wish you a v ery nice evening, big hugss, Caty

Helen said...

You have way more patience than I do, even with a Big Shot! The end result is fab.

Meggymay said...

Chris this is a super makeover and pod container. It look fantastic beside your coffee machine.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

What a fabulous idea Chris, the coffee holder is beautiful - the coffee plant was such a clever idea, I love how it looks! Really beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I want to begin by saying my friend Saloy gave me her large pods machine when she got a new, smaller one. I couldn't find a place for it on my counter, so I sent it to the charity shop (sad, but true). However, I kept the 80 pods she had, all French Roast she had purchased thinking I would drink it when I visited her.

Now for your project. What a remarkable idea. First, I loved how you worked the gelli and your brayer. Smart move. Second, I loved how you used the two center letters of the word Coffee for placement. If only I would learn (or remember) to do that (grin). Third, when I saw those coffee bean plants, I thought how time consuming they must have been. It was well worth it in the end, though, because this turned out perfect. And of course, you are the absolute QUEEN of stamping, too.

froebelsternchen said...

What a BEAUTIFUL pod container you now have! A fanatastic idea and I love all the deatils you added!
Precious!

Hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

I don't drink coffee but I sure like your decorated tin. nice idea Chris. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

That's a brilliant coffee plant (and I speak as the granddaughter and niece of coffee merchants!) - and I love the splattery background too. The coffee mice are adorable in their sack - what a great interpretation of the theme. Sorry I've not caught up with all your spotlights yet... soon, soon!
Alison x

Lorraine A said...

just popped back to thank you for linking in to the House Mouse Challenge too XXX :-D

Mrs.B said...

Chris this is fabulous, such a clever make over and I love all the details surrounding that cute little House Mouse.
Avril xx

Barbara said...

What a wonderful idea Chris! love your box! you made so clever work ! details are absolutely gorgeous! Barbara

D.Ann C said...

This is terrific! I love those house mice and your fabulous pod keeper!

Maura said...

Cool idea Chris! Love how you repurposed the tissue box into a pod holder, and the design and colors fit what it holds perfectly! hugs, Maura

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, what a great idea!! I always have a whole bunch of boxes waiting to be altered, but I don't always get to them. Beautiful background and all those berries look wonderful. Thank you so much for being our guest designer this month!! I have really enjoyed seeing all your beautiful projects!! / Anna-Karin

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous project and so inspirational...it's something that I definitely need to make and thank you so much for sharing your idea! It's been wonderful to have you as our guest this month and so lovely to see all your projects ~ thank you so much Chris! x

Aira Hashimoto said...

Stunning piece ‼️👏👏👏

Kath Stewart said...

wow Chris, you created the most beautiful coffee pod holder, thank you so much for joining us in the Designer Spotlight, it's been a pleasure to see all the amazing projects you have shared with us, hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

woot woot!! such a nice cooffee pod holder!! I want one!!

Christine said...

Super cute mousey creation ..loving your tutorial great fun image lovely work.

Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon chall. this time.

mousey hugs Christine x

Sandra said...

What a wonderful project, Chris! the stamps are so cute and love the coffee stains around it! Hugs, Sandra

Sue said...

What a fun project, your coffee tin is wonderful. Lots of cutting and decorating and love that cute image of the mice with the coffee beans.
Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Diane said...

This is fabulous sweetie and a great way to recycle and reuse !! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HMFMC !!

hugs Diane xx