Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 28 June 2018

Thursday This and That!

Hi everyone, we are having another sunny day so it's windows and doors open trying to get a bit of air flowing! 

I have some odd bits and pieces that if I don't post now I'm in danger of missing the challenges I made them for!

I'll start with a Christmas card! I was sure I would keep up with the ABC Christmas Challenge but time passed just too quickly for me!
The challenge has already reached L for Love and M for Mice.
I have a Mouse card to show you using a fun House Mouse image from Stampendous.
I also have a Gemini Tag for Tag Tuesday!
I had tag that I didn't care for and it had sat unloved for a while - I added more colour and some dots and spots and stamped, cut and coloured JOFY Lovebirds.
I added some stamped sewing for them to sit on and found some Tim Holtz words - I am a little happier with it now!

I also have another 'Inspired By' journal page for Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey.
It is my A6 journal and is inspired by the new book I found on the charity bookshelf at the RSPB at the weekend(we were there for the Art Trail but stopped for a coffee!)It is about birds of India so some of them are very colourful. This blackbird is on what was a quite boring mop up page until I added some book text and a photocopy of an old journal page from way back that I found in a bit of a clear out!  I added more Tim Holtz words.



Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Helen said...

you've been very busy! I think the Christmas card is my favourite as I just love the House Mouse stamps.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow Chris! You are on a roll!
Beautiful art - and I love the page in your A6 journal! So lovely made and I guess the new found old book will come very handy for further projects!
Thank you for yet another fantastic page for AJJ!
You rock this month!
Thank you so much!
Happy evening!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

I am having a catch up tonight, I've really enjoyed your posts and seeing your fabulous art,
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice mice, lovely journal page and a gorgeous tag. Thanks for linking to Tag Tuesday! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Chris. Where do you find time to create all this art? I can't seem to create even a single quiltlet. The heat knocks me out before I can even pick up speed.

Your card is adorable. Those mice are so cute. I am especially impressed with your wonderful reworked tag. It's totally awesome and I was very impressed by the faux sewing that gave the birds a perch. I may have to try that technique, but with my sewing machine.

Of course, I was really impressed with your gorgeous bird. This was a beautiful entry and I love the background you created, too. I know you love flowers. but I think you have a real love of birds, too. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey.

craftytrog said...

Wonderful art Chris! I really love your birdy page!
Alison xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous post Chris - I adore your House Mouse card and birdie tag - lovely stamps :)
That was a great book that you found - your journal page is really wonderful - beautiful colours abd textures and you have a bird on it - so I love it even more :)
Thanks so much for all the pages you linked to AJJ this month I've really enjoyed seeing them Chris.
Happy Friday - its sunny here so gusseing its sunny up with you too - have a great day and lovely weekend.
Gill x

Words and Pictures said...

I'm always so taken with the House Mouse stamps, and your House Mice (Hice Mice?) here are so sweet. The starry border is a great touch. Love the uplifting colours on the tag - I don't think I've noticed those JOFY lovebirds before - they're also adorable. Beautiful colours on the page, and I love the artsy collaging.
So sorry I've been missing so much... I really hope to do some proper catching up soon.
Alison x

Adventures in Paperland said...

Adorable little trio of mice on your fun card! Thanks for playing along at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa xx

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Great art work - love the Christmas trio and then the feathered twins and the journal page is beautiful. Thanks for participating in the Tag Tuesday challenge - much appreciated.

Sharon said...

Who can resist those cute wee mice? Lovely card, thanks for joining us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

Joan said...

What a fantastic tag - love the colors, the circles and especially those adorable birds!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so much amazing art! Those little mice are too cute, they make the perfect Christmas card and I can just imagine them singing "We wish you a merry Christmas ..." too ...lol 😉. Your tag turned out beautifully, I'm loving those pink music notes and birds! Your art journal page looks fabulous and your book was a great find, I'm looking forward to seeing more colourful birds of India 😁. I hope you had a great week and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Whoa, you've been productive, Chris. Your Christmas card is darling - love the three mice with presents. I just finished a page that "sat unloved" for a long time. Wish I'd used that phrase when I wrote about it. But I'll save it for another time.

Your tag and waiting bird are wonderful.

Helen said...

Such a sweet mousey card!
Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

My name is Erika. said...

How did I miss all this fun art! I'm doing a bit of a catch up tonight and glad I didn't miss this post. You've been a busy lady. Hugs-Erika