Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 17 June 2018

Beautiful Dragonfly!

Hello everybody! I have been playing in my square journal using some of my favourite AALL and Create stamps!

You may wonder why!
The other week we went to Nostell Priory, not far way from Doncaster where we visited Stamp Magic (where I met up with friends and well, maybe a few things did happen to come home with me - you can see here and here)
We have passed Nostell Priory a couple of times but it has always been later in the day so we went to Stamp Magic with the intention of leaving ourselves time for a visit.

We weren't quite prepared of how extensive the grounds are so have  a visit planned for the Summer wth our grandchildren and son.

We did get into the formal gardens though - here are just a few photos.



These Cornus flowers are so beautiful in their simplicity - no more beautiful than this peony - both are lovely in their own way





 We headed out to one of the woodland areas and down to the lake
 Speedwell Blue reminds me of being a child - this is quite a big clump but I used to love finding these and Scarlet Pimpernels when we went on walks.

On the path we spotted Damselflies but they were so quick that neither of us got a decent photo!
We headed back across the Pennines after a coffee.

The next day at home hubby went to the local shops and came back and called me to grab a camera...right outside our door on the railings looking down on the path below was this beautiful dragonfly!

Hubby's battery was dead so I took these on my phone camera! I can hardly believe how sharp this photo is and how the Dragonfly seemed to pose - he was still there the next morning but by lunch time he was gone! 

So, here is the page I was inspired to make.

I used inks and gesso textured with a pen end and rubbed over with distress crayon, a little bit of sequin waste and stencilling then stamping with parts of AALL and create stamps before adding Tracy Evans's dragonflies. I cut more wings, added some stickles and then added some home made tape decoration at the bottom!

I would like to enter at 




and of course - Art Journal Journey and Gill's theme 

Thanks for looking, Chris



23 comments:

Helen said...

The gardens are stunning, I love the big borders full of colour! There was lots of purple at Kew yesterday too. The dragonfly is absolutely beautiful posing for you - what amazing iridescence. LOVE the journal page.

Valerie-Jael said...

The priority is a wonderful place, I would love to see those gardens. Great shot of the dragonflies, too. And of course, a beautiful journal page. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

The gardens look beautiful and you did get an amazing shot of the dragonfly.
I love the journal page, grat stamping and lovely soft blue shades.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

That dragonfly page is fabulous. And wow-you really caught the colors right that match your photos. Dragonflies have the coolest colors. Today Is aw a bug crawling that was teal green and shiny. But I didn't get a photo. You got some gorgeous photos and that garden was amazing. Happy new week my friend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What incredible and stunning gardens. The photo of the flower and bee made me smile, but the borders filled with flowers were incredibly special, too. They are beautiful and I know how much you must have enjoyed your time there.

The dragonfly is gorgeous and to think it inspired that page made it even more special. I like the way you made it interactive. Your dragonflies truly look like they could fly off the page. Thanks for this impressive entry you created for Art Journal Journey.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my goodness! This is one amazing post dear Chris! Gorgeous photos and a fantastic page! This is fascinating together! I am really happy about this unique entry linked to Gill's INSPIRED BY theme at Art Journal Journey! This gardens are incredible and I love how they inspired you to this fantastic dragonfly page!
Happy new week !
Hugs, Susi

Karen Petitt said...

Quite simply stunning Chris. And oh dear some more new stamps that I need too! Thank you for inspiring me x

Mrs.B said...

You've created a wonderful page and how lovely to have the dragonfly just outside your door. The photos of the gardens look lovely, no wonder you want to go back.
Avril xx

Marjut said...

Lovely page!

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful photos of the gardens and flowers Chris.
And wow WOW! your page is really gorgeous. I love the colours. the dragonfly stamp and the fantastic background.
And your dragonfly photos are amazing - brilliant closeup shots.
Loved this post - thanks for sharing what inspired you and joining in once again at AJJ.
Have a wonderful week.
Gill xx

Cath Wilson said...

This is a stunning page, Chris. Love your background but those dragonflies are amazing when stamped and with the addition of the extra wings - so realistic that way, too.

I used to go photographing damselflies and dragonflies at this time of year, in the days before I left my fab camera and lenses on the Metro in Paris :-( SO hard to photograph clearly from top to tail...depth of field incredibly difficult to get right! Your camera did a great job.

Lovely gardens again. LOVE peonies but of course all the flowers and plants are amazing.

Cath x

Rita said...

I love the 3D dragonflies on your page! So pretty. I have always loved damselflies and dragonflies. What a beautiful place to wander and enjoy the beauty. I felt like I got to walk along with you. :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I was stunned by your close-up photos pf the dragonfly. The colors are amazing. I love your page, the 3D effects and the shimmer on the wings. Lovely!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm impressed by your photos! Especially those close-ups. Wow! We get dragonflies on our patio, and I love how you brought them to life in your art.

craftytrog said...

Wow! What a fabulous photo you took Chris! And you created a beautiful page too!
Alison xxx

Redanne said...

Such a lovely post Chris, I always enjoy your photography and the ones of the dragonfly are gorgeous. I love your page too, Tracy's stamp set is so lovely and you have used it beautifully! Hugs, Anne xx

Craftyfield said...

Both your page and the dragonfly photo are fabulous! Thank you for showing as at Country View Challenges!

WendyK said...

A beautiful page, love the dragonfly. I had one in my fruit cage the other day, and am still figuring out. how it got in.

Let's Art Journal said...

Those gardens are so beautiful and wow, seeing the amazing dragonfly right by your back door is fabulous! The page you created to celebrate is amazing too, I love how you curled the dragonfly wings to give a 3D look - perfect 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

sarascloset said...

Chris, this is indeed letter perfect in every way! I love your muted colors and those sparkly dragonflies! Your source of inspiration is certainly wonderful and I've enjoyed all of your photos. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us at Frilly and Funkie in our Letter Perfect challenge! Hugs! PS I'm so sorry I don't have much time to get out and visit, so I was super excited to see you participate at F/F!

SewPaperPaint said...

Your posts are always filled with so much beauty Chris! This is another great one. And I adore your latest page, so incredible and that stamp is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with Frilly and Funkie. Big hugs, Autumn

Jenny Marples said...

The inspiration from that beautiful garden clearly shines through in your wonderful journal spread Chris. Love how you've used the stamps to convey the delicate beauty so perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

Linda said...

Fabulous journal page .... amazing photo of the dragonfly too. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx