Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 8 January 2018

Ready for some adventures!

I was quite determined to catch up on blog visits before blogging anything myself! I have done quite well, and although I still have a few visits to make I am no where near so far behind! I do apologise if I haven't got to you yet or if I have disappointed some folk by not stopping by for long!
My page today is on a page I found in a journal I thought was complete….
..so I set to with some stencils...
…and a little script stamping with a Carabelle Studios's stamp - the Wilted Violet DI was chosen because it goes perfectly with some handmade paper my dear friend Elizabeth sent me last year!
I opened a set of stamps I bought in a sale before Christmas - it is an old Lynne Perella set but I am so happy with it! I used Stazon to stamp two of the images side by side. So far I have had this paper in view in my craft room - just admiring it, but now I have started to stamp on it I will be using a lot more of it - I love the texture!
All I needed then were words and a TH paper doll lady who looked as though she was a bit like me and liked an adventure  - once again some sale Dylusion words fit beautifully...
..and were stamped onto some of the currency exchange receipts that hubby was throwing away a while ago (from way back before the euro!)

I would like to join in Erika's theme of New Year - New Adventures at Art Journal Journey 
and Penny Black and More  - Something New as I am planning new adventures as well as using my new goodies!

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh Chris I just love the lady you added to this page. She does look ready for some adventures. I love the Lynne Perella stamped image too. It looks excellent on the beautiful handmade paper and really finishes off your page. And I have heard of the Penman book you mentioned in your comment to me. I would like to give it a try one of these days. I read a book a couple of years ago about the woman who found Richard III body buried in the parking lot, and it was really a fascinating story, so I think I would like to read more about him. I am going to bookmark that book myself. happy new week and thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Great page, Chris! I especially love the background layers

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Chris. That Lynne Perella collage stamp is awesome. I love what you did with it, too. Isn't it great when you can find collage fodder from items that would have been thrown away? So glad you saved that old bill. The entire entry is fabulous. It is so You!!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, and love the nice paper you used. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Chris, loving your page. I am determined to do more in my art journals this year as they have been much neglected. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful page! I love your combination of stencils and stamps and the style of your new focal stamp reminds me of a good friend which makes me smile 😁. Wishing you a great new week! J 😊
p.s. I've had a busy weekend so I'm just catching up with everyone too, hope you had fun looking after the grandkids 😁. J x

Carol said...

I really do love the page and there is a true sense of adventure happening there. Love those home made papers too.
I'm so far behind with visiting folks I"ll never be able to catch up so I'm not going to stress myself with trying. Sometimes LIFE just gets in the way of things.

craftytrog said...

It's a fab page Chris! The homemade paper is beautiful, and I love the images.
Alison xox

froebelsternchen said...

The homemade paper is so beautiful and the page looks really good - and this is a wonderful Perella stamp - congrats on it!
Don't mind visiting all the folk - it costs absolutely too much time.
The most bloggers just visit when they have posted something new by their own...lol!
Happy start of the week dear,
thank you very much for such a beautiful feminine page linked to AJJ - the addition of the TH paperdoll lady makes it finished up perfectly in my mind!
Big hug
Susi

brenda said...

A really great journal page with lots of lovely texture and interest, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge 'Something New' theme.

B x

Rita said...

How pretty!
These days, if I waited till I was caught up with blogs I'd never blog at all--LOL! ;) No worries.

Cath Wilson said...

This page is filled with fun, Chris - brilliant!

Thanks for your good wishes. Best of luck with your Bible journaling!

Cath x

Redanne said...

That LP stamp was a great find indeed, she is beautiful and the paper really does have the most wonderful texture!! Love your beautiful page! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Its a great page and the stamp looks fantastic. I love the words additions.
Yvonne xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mervi said...

Beautiful and interesting page.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m