Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 20 January 2018

The Curator!

I have a page for Erika's 'New Year,New Adventure' theme at Art Journal Journey!
I love to visit museums (OK, you're not surprised at that statement!) and I  fact have done so for most of my life. When I was at school most weeks I would visit a small museum near our library in Lincoln and would always find something I hadn't seen before!

I know a lot of artefacts are donated to museums but I have often thought how exciting it must be to see the items before they go on display - and of course there's the thought of the adventures that the items have had!

Jean-Claude is a curator at a little known museum in France but he has had such an interesting time looking for something new to display and is always on the look out wherever he goes! 
I have used Paper Artsy Lynne Perella Stamps both as whole stamps and using parts of stamps.Jean-Claude is of course a TH Paper doll


 I started with a smudged ink background to which I added some crackle paste through a stencil, when it dried I used a Distress Crayon over the crackles and rubbed it with a dampened finger.
 Next came stencilling, stamping, some tissue, some inked book text and some stamping.
 The tall window stamp was gold embossed and placed at the side of another pale stamped image.
 Some more random embossed stamping too.

I added chit chat words - although what is above is my second attempt at placing them - I wasn't happy with how I had them at first!
Jean-Claude says he will continue searching for the unusual until he has to stop! A little bit like us - we follow the advice of our friend Katerina and "do it while we can"! 
We have been kept busy with appointments (and changed appointments) this week as well as the funeral of a dear friend on Friday afternoon! 
Hopefully we will have an easy time this weekend before heading off on another adventure next week!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is a really great page Chris. I love all the textures and embossed gold...it is has so much to look at. Like you I love museums too. I am hoping soon to find a weekend to go to a georgia O'Keeffe exhibit, but I like lots of museums not just art. I never thought about how cool it is to be a curator so you had a great idea. I think I would like to do that...maybe when I retire from teaching...or maybe it's just a nice fantasy. Happy weekend and thanks for joining up at AJJ. I appreciate all your support. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Oh wow Chris, I really love this page you have created-lots of textures too I love museums too-enjoy your weekend hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This concept is right up my alley. I adore the idea of being a curator in a museum and I suspect you would love it, too. Like you, museums are a rich and enjoyable part of my life, and I think you created a very lush and unique journal page, filled with lots of texture and rich monochromatic colors. I love the various techniques you used to turn this into a beautiful, rich entry. Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. This is a genuine beauty, dear Chris.

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic make is this?! I am thrilled about your page and the idea behind it and I am in awe of your adventourus everyday life as well! Keep good care of you, sorry for the not so nice appointment you had . I am sorry to hear you have lost a dear friend!

Thnak you for this extraordinary beautiful page linked to AJJ dear Chris!
Happy weekend and I hope you have just nice adventures next week!

oxo Susi

Helen said...

what a great page! Hope next week is not so sad.

Carol said...

Oh Chris this is such a magical page full of wonder indeed ♥♥♥ Your' combination of colors and textures capture the feel so well. GREAT JOB!!!!!!
Carol

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous page! The smudged ink background and crackle paste through the stencil looks amazing 😁. Thinking of you and wishing you well! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page Chris, those background textures look great.
Jean-Claude is a really interesting chap, I'm sure he would be able to seek out some interesting things for a museum.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I like all kinds of museums and can only imagine the thrill of finding a new artifact and the interesting discussions over which to display and feature. I like how you picture your curator and especially the embossing. It shows up nicely in yor photos.

My sympathies on your loss, and I hope your coming week is easier.

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Chris! xox