Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 26 January 2018

It has to be Paris!

Thank you for all the lovely, encouraging comments you have been leaving for me recently, I really do appreciate your support!

You must all know by now that I love Paris so if I am going to be having adventures this year one of them at least will hopefully be in my favourite city!!
I had a background made a while ago using Seth Apter stamps and stencils along with Carabelle Studio stamps.
Only thing is, I have lost the photo I took way back…this may give you an idea   
I was quite pleased with it and just enjoyed seeing it as it was, however on a look through some of my journals I came across it and immediately saw what I wanted to add!
I decided to use a selection of Paris building stamps to create a feature across the page - yes, you will see several buildings repeated here if you look carefully! Some are second generation stamping, parts are stamped onto some designer paper with a map of Europe on it.
On one of our trips to Paris I found some calendars at a reduced price, the images are a perfect size for cutting out images so I added some to the scene.
I stamped a cheapie postage stamp and wrote in my sentiment - the fact you all know about me!

I am joining Erika again at Art Journal Journey with her great theme of New Year, New Adventures! Erika has been such an inspiration this month - a journal page every day!!
I would also like to enter at
Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge 1- 2018 - Anything Goes

Did I mention that we are off to Paris again soon?!

Thanks for looking, Chris

  

14 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous page - the background was wonderful - now it's full of Paris! I'd love to go back too....

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh ! This page is simply amazing! It really shows your love for the city of Paris! How exciting that you plan a trip in the near future Chris! Fantastic!
I say thank you for all your inspiring support this month again - you have linked amazing pages and ideas to Erika's Adventures collection!
I appreciate it - thanks so much dear Chris, I am happy with you that you see your favourite city soon again!
HAPPY weekend!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

An awesome page Chris, you can tell that Paris is a favourite destination of yours. The detail ed images you added to the background look great.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great stamped page Chris. You made a great collage of different images. Paris is definitely a city to feature on a page about as it is pretty special. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, Paris is a wonderful destination, that's for sure. Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can’t believe how late I am visiting. Seems EVERYONE posted the one day I was gone. This makes me REALLY want to visit Paris. It's a gem of a journal page, and a wonderful piece of genuine art. Thanks for sharing it at Art Journal Journey.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous memory page Chris, I have never been to Paris but this makes me feel that I need too!! Love how you have collaged your pieces slightly raised as if they are on a pin board. This would look even more magnificent framed..
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Tracey x

Rosie said...

I love Paris too.

Your page is gorgeous, love it, Chris

kathyinozarks said...

Your Paris page is just Fabulous!! I really love it. Lot of textures too.
I saw on the news last night that Paris was flooding hope no major damages there Gappy Saturday

Divers and Sundry said...

A Paris adventure! Now _that's_ an adventure! I look forward to hearing all about it seeing your photos, and seeing what it inspires :)

Words and Pictures said...

So much for the eye to dwell on and enjoy here - like the kaleidoscope of things to see, do, and hear in the great French capital - what a brilliant page.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, yet another stunning creation! The background you created is amazing and I love how you created the skyline by repeating the stamps, which I didn't realise until you said ...lol 😉. This is such a beautiful Paris inspired page! As Audrey Hepburn said "Paris is always a good idea" and I bet you are looking forward to your visit! J 😊

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Gorgeous!!

Seth said...

What a treasure. Loving the layers and it almost feels as if I am walking through Paris!!