Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 10 October 2015

Reflected light

This is a total experimental page! I had a prepared page on my desk and pile of things by the side intending to use them on the page - Autumn colours I thought!!
Somehow within the hour I had something totally different. I think it was because as I took a photo of the goodies I had bought at Port sunlight I saw something in the stencil I used.
At the end of the hour I had this
You know how I love reflected light in Churches and Cathedrals so out came my Sheena Sketchy stamp and measured up the size of the stamp before dotting PA Fresco paints randomly over the area.I used the bits of paint left on my mat to stamp through a random dot stencil - it looks a bit like wall to me.I used Archival black to stamp the image.
I think it kind of works!

The words (using my computer) are from hymn written by Charles Edward Mudie, a Victorian gentleman who set up libraries in London, Manchester and Birmingham. I have a hymn book on a pile of books in my craft room and I had been using one of the other books so it was easy to find the hymn.

I have taken another photo from the side so that you can see the shine from the gold pen I used to outline the window

It is my latest entry for Art Journal Journey where Sheila has chosen the theme 'Architecture'
I hope I can link it while I am away with a scheduled post!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is a beautiful , beautiful page! I like the colors and composition together with the saying Chris! GREAT! Thank you again for being with us at Art Journal Journey!
Happy rest of the weekend for you!
♥♥♥
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fantastic page, love the colours, the window, the quote - beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey again, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

The whole page comes together so well with lots of interest.

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

What a glorious page Chris!

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful page Chris, love the gold outline of the window and such gorgeous colours too.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How impressive. I was mesmerized as I read the entire entry, then clicked on the images to enlarge them. I agree that the random dots look like the wall. It really works, all of it.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Such a wonderful page. Great colours! Take care Zo xx

Margik said...

Fabulous page, Chris! Love the great window, the colours and specially the piece of architecture with the colorful overlap dots.
Hugs, Mar

Meggymay said...

A fantastic detailed page. love how you outlined the arches.
Yvonne xx

catherine said...

It is a fabulous page Chris and has all worked so well together
x catherine

sheila 77 said...

Lovely work, Chris. I like the arch theme and the lovely words. Thanks very much for another entry.

Unknown said...

Beautiful page, Chris. Your journals are stunning works of art xx

Anonymous said...

It totally works, how great. xox

Words and Pictures said...

What a stunning page - I love how you created the layers of dotty colour (almost Impressionist in the pointillism) and it really captures that look of light coming through stained glass windows onto the walls of a church. Wonderful!
Alison xx