Now, if you have had a comment from me for your Hallowe'en makes recently you will know I am not too enamoured with Hallowe'en.
My teamies have been doing their best to frighten me and to encourage you to produce something frightening so I'm sure I'm going to have get my big girl pants on to make some visits!!! I do hope you will go along here and check out their fabulously frightening projects!
I have already seen some quite scary but amazing projects and I really had to use my skull on this one!! Literally!!
Last year I was in Aldi when they were selling off the tail end of the 'goodies' they had for the season. I saw this really awful looking skull but thought it might come in in handy! When I reached the till it seems it had been a part of something else that had gone missing and the manager GAVE it to me!!
When I was wondering what to make for my DT piece I remembered the skull, which by now had reached the bottom of my box! First a coat of gesso
then Fresco paint…..Nougat
By now you can see the skull is a lot less scary!
I left the teeth white apart from painting(with a very fine brush)the gaps. I also added shadow in the nasal cavity and some cracks to the skull using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Burnt Sienna mixed into the paint
I then started on the decoration.
I love Autumn colours and I am still making little decorations for around the flat.
I used my Brushos and sprinkled some colours over a piece of watercolour paper before giving them a good spritz of water.
Using my tattered leaves die I cut quite a few leaves from this.
I also used the Tattered floral strip die too, as well as a punch and then I stamped some leaves and cut them out by hand! A lot of leaves - but not quite enough!!!
Our French bread comes in nice brown paper and cellophane(from the supermarket beginning with W - not Walmart if you are in the USA - it is a British company) and is often used in my crafting!
I stamped some leaves from PA onto some tattered leaves( I think I should have stuck to text) and then used alcohol ink to colour the cellophane before cutting with the die.
I used the tattered floral die to make some pretty eyes to fill the sockets! They were stamped with text, as were some of the leaves.
Some leaves and flowers were glued together to make a garland for her hair.
This is where I got carried away, forgot I'd got a camera and ended up with my garlanded lady skull…
I stood her on an old family prayer book with some hessian and lace and she is on our balcony with some bits and pieces from a pot pourri packet. Another Autumn display and I am happy to have her around for a while!!
I hope you will pop over to TIOT and take a look and I….errr….look forward to seeing what you make!
I am also entering the challenge at Anything but Cute challenge 6 where the challenge is 31 Days of Hallowe'en. My 'Scary Mary' has 31 as the pupils in her eyes!
Thanks for looking, Chris