Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 13 July 2013

Vive la difference!

When I was in France my lovely friend and ex sister in law and her hubby took me to 'NOZ', an amazing mixture of the good, the bad and the obscure!
I found these little trays…..
…..3" x 3" and in a pack of six. Yes there are only five here!
I thought, (hoped) that I could do something with them, so this week, having cleared my desk at last I set to with alcohol inks, book paper, twinkling H20s, a butterfly stamp and some paper flowers to make this
  Sorry, I'll show you another - it's a bit shinier!
Not sure about the bit of doily but it looked a bit plain without it, I added a bit of brushed pewter distress stain on the wings and the flowers to make the shine a bit!
Oh! how I wish I'd bought more, they were only one euro!

I am entering this in Sunday Stampers- Show some depth
                      Ali-craft - Butterflies
                      Simon Says Stamp and Show - A little      
                                                   stamping
Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this Chris

It's great that you have taken such an unusual item and turned it into a piece of art

Thank you for sharing it with us on the Ali-Craft challenge
Off to look at the rest of your blog now
Ali x

Anonymous said...

Morning Chris, this has turned out really lovely. I wish I had your imagination! Love it. Catch up soon. Love S xxx

Redanne said...

Oh wow Chris, what a gorgeous little piece of art. I love how the alcohol inks have worked on the glass and the butterfly is just stunning. There would make great Christmas pressies! Love what you have done. Hugs, Anne x

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE it Chris, it is gorgeous and think of the others you can do too, a llittle set of them :O) Twas great to see you on Monday ... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, Chris - this is exquisite... absolutely wonderful to have the vision of how to alter those sweet little glass frames, and then to execute it so perfectly - gorgeous!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW!!!! What a COOL AND GORGEOUS project!!! Love the alcohol inked frame! The stamped butterfly is gorgeous! Thank you for stamping a little with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!

Julie Lee said...

I love the effect with the Alcohol inks. This is such a pretty result you would never believe that it was a transformation of one of those little trays: gorgeous! This would make such a super gift, I can see why you wish you'd bought more. Julie Ann xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful little project! Love the colours and elements. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Ali-Craft this month, Heidi x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely use of the alcohol inks, perfect combination of colour and images.
Angela x