Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 4 July 2013

365/12 calendar journal

Oh yes! Late again!
Just didn't notice the dates, the weeks at the moment are pretty much rolling on into the next at a fair old pace!!
My June completed...
and July already started..
Do you like the July letters? A bargain stamp set from my trip to France!! The seat, bird table and flowers are from a set by Lindsay Mason. I have plans to sit a while once the garden is tidied!!!
I had to improvise a bit with the background and the journaling squares - three distress colours for the background, rubbed on with cut and dry in stripes with a white gap between then spritzed heavily with water and encouraged to 'find' each other.
Then realising that I hadn't brought stencils with me I cut a few strips of paper and some circles with a punch and layered strips, circles and holes on my paper and sprayed with Dylusions turquoise and lime. I then added distress inks to my stamp block, spritzed and dabbed on to fill in the gaps.
If you would like to see more calendar journals look at the amazing Kate's blog, The Kathryn Wheel.
Thanks for looking, Chris

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love the gentle, calm colours of July... June looks very pretty all filled in.
Alison x

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous backgrounds Chris. Looks like you had great fun! Hope July is a wonderful month for you.xx Loving your alphabet. :-)