Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 21 November 2012

WOYWW 181

A whole week has passed and its time for a whizz around the World having a nosy at what other crafters have been up to - all this courtesy of Julia at Stamping Ground who rushes around in advance to open the doors(really!!) - Thanks Julia!
I thought I'd show a different angle this week...


Here you can see evidence of my angel making for a swap organised by Jo Of Jozart fame, don't know why they are still there as I finished them yesterday and thought I'd put everything away (mind you I was working on the dining table - so all that did go away! You can also see, being weighted down by my scissors, a little journal I'm preparing to take with me to Paris(did I mention that I'm going to Paris soon? Getting excited already!)There are some buttons that hubby found in a box and left on my desk,one of my grand-daughter's hair ties and a bit of fabric from my handbag that I carried around for a while to match up some braid for a stool I'm going to re-cover. The pencil case is there for popping my little scraps in(and for using up!)My paper, favourite stamps and inks on shelves within reach(hubby found this ink container and it's perfect!)
So, do want to see what's above the paper?

Another shelf that has more paper and scrap boxes(I know! I have a scrap problem - I really do find it hard to throw anything away)Little boxes contain distress markers and blending tools. Next shelf up my wip journals, crafty individuals little books then balanced on top of that an old cd holder with inks, pro markers, Dylusion paints, Distress stains. At the side you can see my tall book shelf that has craft books and mags, cookery books and scrapbooks. 
Now a confession- those beautifully ironed shirts on the back of the door? - they weren't ironed by me - as part of the maintenance for our flat we have a cleaner(official name Housekeeping Assistant) for an hour and a half each week - and she(Rita)ironed them. Rita loves ironing so I'm only too happy to please her!
I'll show my journal pages when they've flattened a bit but you might just have a smile at this
 The other week I went off to see a craft demo in Cardcraft in Lancaster and hubby went off to have wander around the town. He told me he had a found a shop I would love but as it was time for my son and his children to arrive there was no time to visit!
Off we went back to the caravan to meet them! Some time later I went to the bedroom to see this propped up on the bed - I laughed so much the whole family came to see what I was I laughing at - isn't it just perfect for a pear shaped gal? It now supports my back when I'm at my desk! (Hubby did take me back to the shop the next week-and it is fabulous!
Right enough of this waffling - I'm sure I've taken up far too much of your time- after all there's lots more to see!
Have a happy WOYWW! Thanks for dropping by, Chrisx

13 comments:

Neil said...

Hi there, thanks for letting me peek into your creative world this morning. You've a great creative space and the cushion is fun.
Neil#34

Annie said...

You have such a lovely creative space. Could you send your Rita round to do mine when she's finished yours cos I hate ironing :-)
Hugs,
A x #48

Lindsay Mason said...

Think I need you (and hubby) to organise my work area for me - it all looks so ordered and everything in reach more to the point. Love the fruity cushion - you'll have to tell me which shop it was! Lindsay x x x

shazsilverwolf said...

So much organising! I'm in Jo's angel swap too, so looking forward to seeing them all.Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #107

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely to see some more of your shelving - lots of lovely storage space housing some exciting looking goodies! Loving the cushion! Thanks for your visit and happy WOYWW!
Alison x

JoZart Designs said...

Super crafting space and lots of great shelving and storage. Love your cushion.. quite a hoot!
Pleased to hear your angel has landed... don't forget to tell me her name so I can see which one you got in the draw.
How lucky you are going to Paris, you'll have a wonderful trip. Lucky me will be in Germany next week visiting my family but I'll also be able to get to the Christmas markets. Good job it's Thanksgiving coming up as we are both so lucky!
Love Jo x

famfa said...

Great desk and space. Nicely organised. I love your pencil case, is it paper chase? Your cushion is fabulous - clever hubby x
Famfa (86)

Nan G said...

Nicely organized desk. Absolutely love the pillow! Wasn't that nice of hubby to surprise you! Happy WOYWW. Nan 93

Joanne said...

Such a neat and tidy craft area Chris, I remember when mine was like that before I bought more inks, stamps, paper, tools.......you know the story. Love that cushion.
xx

Ann B said...

Love the cushion Chris, so funny. Envious of your up-coming trip to Paris, my favourite city and it's an age since I was last there.
Love 'Audrey' from your later post, isn't our Jo talented (you will have to come to our craft group sometime and meet us all in person - not that far from Manchester).

Thanks for visiting yesterday, I'm late..... again.
Ann B
#30

Erika said...

Chris what a lovely creative space you've got and I love your cushion. Thanks for sharing, crafty hugs, Erika. 73

Twiglet said...

What a fab cushion - a lovely gift!! x Jo

Laurart said...

Lovely workspace! and I adore that cushion! Happy WOYWW xxx Laura #51