Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 4 November 2012

Autumn tag

I may have just mentioned that I love Autumn colours! I've had my inks out on my desk and while mopping up have made a few tags!
This one came from watching the leaves outside my window slowly fall off the tree.They reminded me of butterflies so I used a combination of stamps to make this one!
The butterfly stamps are from a tinned set I bought ages ago from a Waterstones sale.I stamped them onto a piece of kitchen roll that hubby had left two fruit teabags on(guess who has instructions to do this every time now lol!), I painted Glue and Seal over them to give them a shine! The leaves are Crafty Individual stamps used with distress markers so that I could pick out the leaves I wanted.The dictionary page scrap was dragged through a mixture of Twinkling H2o's on my mat.
I then saw a beautiful tag on Julia's blog that she was entering into a challenge, followed the link to take me to Artful Times and saw that my tag would fit into their theme - 'Orange, Brown and White' so "Thank you Julia!"
Off for a bit of a family gathering now so I'd better get a move on! 
Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

It's lovely, Chris - I love the shiver of text down the centre, and your kitchen roll butterflies look wonderful! Have a lovely time with your family.
Alison x

Zue said...

a very, very pretty autumn tag..( I made a law for myself in that I no longer use capitals for the seasons...not that I don't respect and love them, I do..just made a decision)...will you use it on a gift and write a greeting on the back or is it an object of art to be framed?...it would do perfectly whichever you decide to do with it...sorry for the ramble, must be in a rambly mood.
Hope you make lots more, Chris :)
xxxx

Zue said...

Oh yes, I also like the text running through it...nice touch
x

Von said...

what a fab way to stain card :) and the torn strip just finishesit off :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times and hope to see you again
Von ☺

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous tag here! I love the torn middle and the vein of newsprint...so striking. Gorgeous butterflies.

Jenny Marples said...

Such beautiful butterflies and I love the ribbon of text down the middle. It really gives the whole tag a fantastic structure. Hugs, Buttons x

Neet said...

Love that text running through the centre, it reminds me of the 'flurries' you sometimes get with the butterflies. Such a lovely tag - and a happy accident (tea bag) makes it again into the technique file!

Hugs, Neet xx

Unknown said...

So pretty and soft - its lovely.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely card! Beautiful and soft colours!