Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 5 November 2012

That Dream!

Sooo... the dream page and what was behind it!Some of you saw the beginnings of this on my WOYWW desk.
Most nights I speak to to my eldest grandson - Emily doesn't always want to speak, usually tired, but Josh likes a chat and often gives the impression that school isn't so great....however on Tuesday night he was full of the fact that he had helped to cut up a real pig's heart,and had obviously enjoyed it(mmm, I know - he's only ten!)
Recently I have been reading quite a few gardening articles about which berried plants to buy to encourage birds.
So off I go to bed and have the most vivid dream about crows eating hearts(real ones - not nice at all)! When I woke up I just had to get it out of my head so a journal page was in order. I already had some pages with black on them so started using one of them
So here it is, the crow is one from a set called a 'Murder of Crows' by Lost Coast Designs, the little figure is also from LCD.The background is a combination of black acrylic paint through a mask and ink through a Dylusions mask. The background stamps are a combination of Little Clare and Lavinia stamps.
I think the crows appeared in my dream because in our garden at the caravan we get jackdaws and every so often they come and scare off the little birds by trying to get at the nut feeder!
So, with that off my chest I again thank Julia for pointing me in the direction of a challenge at 'Anything but a card'!
I do hope I don't scare anyone!
Thanks for looking, Chrisx 

5 comments:

Artyjen said...

Tis odd what we dream sometimes...don't I know it!!! Love that page :)
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

So fascinating tracing the path of the events of daytime into the night of dreams and then out onto your wonderful page here... thank you for sharing it all!
Alison x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sometimes our dreams can be so vivid and disturbing - working through your thoughts on a journal page is a brilliant way to analyse your thoughts Chris. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card Challenge this time :)

Unknown said...

That's a crazy dream but how great to work through it on your page. I think it is so wonderful that you speak to your grandson each night. He will always treasure that. Sounds like an amazing boy!

Julia S-W said...

Wow Chris that is one scary dream!! I rarely remember mine so it's probably just as well if they're anything like this one! As I was reading your post and scrolling down I was wondering what on earth you would have on your page but I love it!! I think it works beautifully and has great depth with all the different layers. I've had my eye on the Murder of Crows stamp set and I just love how you've used the bird here. Really great take on our challenge and thanks so much for the link to me - very kind!
I had to laugh when I read about your grandson enjoying the dissection lesson - how typical of a little boy!!
Have a great weekend and thank you so much for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
Juliaxx