Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 March 2024

T Stands For The Big Catch Up

Hi everyone, at last I feel as though I can join in again at T Stands For Tuesday, hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover, although I am making no promises, I will try my best to visit everyone. There was so much going on that I didn't seem to find time to leave comments even if I had a look at your post - I have problems with using the computer (my preferred place) to leave comments and using my old tablet was making me stress - I was reducing insulin doses (now off insulin again, wearing new vari focal specs and had a few legal issues to deal with - my glucose levels are adjusting slowly to going back to my original meds which are now available again but still a way to go yet - the nurse has threatened insulin again if they don't go down!

Sooo, how have you been? I'll be along during the week to see!

We had a lot of rain here so outdoor visits were few and far between!

However, we did get away for a couple of days last week as we had a voucher that had to be used before the end of March.

We went to the city of Durham, we visited years ago but couldn't remember much about it.

On our first afternoon we had a guided tour of the castle which is now used as student accommodation  

Our first real view of the Cathedral and castle. Of course I had also forgotten just how many hills we we have to walk up and down but it really is a beautiful city.



This is one of the best preserved Norman doors in the UK as it became an inside door when the cloisters were built.

These cloisters were in two Harry Potter films

Lucky students get to eat here!


Here is the cathedral - I'll show you more next week!

We had a few coffees while we were away! Hubby had a Cappuccino and I had an Americano with cold milk. We shared a very large fruit scone!
I had time to add to my little journal that fits inside this tin.
Time for a rest now and a favourite TV programme 'Interior Design Masters'

Thanks for looking, Chris




10 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your photos of the town and the architecture are wonderful, especially with the dramatic skies above the towers. Thanks for taking us with you.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Great photos, what a lovely trip away. Glad things are getting sorted out.

kathyinozarks said...

You are able to visit such awesome places! thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Those students have such an awesome place to live. That's a gorgeous castle, and it's something we don't have in the US at all. I'm glad these you showed us these, and I hope your meds get squared away soon. And of course I also hope you had a great T day too. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

I really hope you can get your meds straightened away and feel lots better.
That castle is gorgeous! I do remember the dining hall from Harry Potter movies! :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I think cool to sleep in castle.

CJ Kennedy said...

What a cool place to visit. I remember the scenes from the refectory in the Harry Potter movies. Happy T Day

Empire of the Cat said...

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I know what you mean about computer v tablet, I am having issues but for different reasons. I've been to Durham a few times, lovely city, love the walls and the castle. Happy T day!

Carola Bartz said...

I agree, Durham is a very beautiful town. I visited in the late 80's and really liked it a lot. The cathedral is stunning.

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, Chris, that little journal in a tin really caught my attention. Would love to see more of it. Maybe you showed it another time and I missed it. Thanks for sharing your trip to Durham. I hope everything straightens out for you and calms down. Happy T Day.