Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 June 2022

T Stands for This and That (it is what it is!)

 Hi everyone, I had to take a break last week everything was getting a bit hectic and I knew time was going to be short for making visits. We had some pleasant trips out, met up with family at RHS Bridgwater, bought a couple of indoor plants at a garden centre, caught up with Wanderlust,(well almost - we missed out a few ) went to a Makers market, walked at Lyme Park, had friend round for afternoon tea and watched a lot of TV coverage of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee events and in between all that got some sorting out done, made some phone calls and lots of routine stuff!


As you can see, any this point rainclouds were threatening, but after lunch the sun shone most of the time.
A tribute to the Queen in a corner of the garden made by local groups

Our Wanderlust pages - I think you can tell from the colours who made each one.

I used some illustration from an old gardening book

Lyme Park was, as always, beautiful! 



We took a new(to us) path which gave great views over the moors - There are more photos here

Would you like some more Paris pics?
We had been walking by the Seine when these bears invited us in for a drink
Hubby spotted is favourite Cafe Gourmand on the drinks menu so his coffee came with a selection of mini desserts!He was VERY happy!As you can see he was still wearing several layers of clothing - coat already removed!
The table behind became vacant so I got a quick snap of the decor
As you can see I had already started my coffee before I remembered to take a photo. The water wasn't requested but very welcome!




We reached Boulevard St Germain
This statue is opposite the Église de St Germain des Prés (here are two links if you want to read more - Restoration and Info)
Although we have passed through this area several times we had never been into the church - we realised that we had missed a treasure...























I would definitely like to visit this church again.
On the corner is the famous Les Deux Magots cafe...


...and  diagonally across the road is Brasserie Lippe.....
...which is opposite Cafe de Flore
I have given links so you can read about the connections with famous customers of these cafes.
From here we took the scenic route through the Jardin du Luxembourg back to our hotel












Apologies for going on so much but I really, really do love Paris!
Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos. If your haddn't said anything, I wouldn't have noticed that you love Paris! Nice photos from your park aand your Wanderlust pieces are gorgeous, both of them. And I'm glad you enjoyed your drinks. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Your Paris pictures always make me feel happy. I love Saint-Germain-des-Prés and its restored medieval decorations. You didn't mention the twisty little streets behind the church: that's another Paris neighborhood where I love to lose my way.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Empire of the Cat said...

Stunning photos of Paris Chris, and beautiful gardens. A selection of mini desserts sounds fab, that would make anyone happy, me included lol. Your Wanderlust pages are lovely too, I am not caught up in any way. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Deb Terry said...

I've been to Paris once Chris. On a quickie overnight bus trip.. You have showed e ore of Paris than I could ever hope to see! Happy happy T Day! Hugs! deb

Linda Kunsman said...

aaah, what a great way to have been too busy to blog- I get it:). Love your journal pages both - Spring and Autumn. It's so cool that your hubby plays along- and is extremely good at this as well.
Would love to have seen all of the festivities around the queen's jubilee!!! I so wish they would have televised it live here in the US. They used to televise things like that- like princess Diana and Charles, and Fergie and Andrew's, and Kate and William's weddings...
As for Paris- my hubby would die for a dessert tray like that with coffee- me, I was blown away by the beauty of the church. I have always tried to visit any church or cathedral (or castle for that matter) that we would come upon during our travels if we had a bit of extra time to spare. Gorgeous photos my friend.
Happy T day wishes!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh your Paris photos are awesome ~ I did make it to London but not to Paris ~ My health right now prevents travel so I will enjoy your traveling !

Your wanderlust art works are divine ~ so colorful and creative ~ Xo


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun post Chris. I love seeing Paris and the gardens.The tribute to the queen is lots of fun and I like that little Queen statue a lot. And it is nice to see your family also. It looks like a fun picnic. And Nice Wanderlust class work also. I love how you went for spring and your husband went for fall. Sounds like life has been good lately. I hope it was a lovely T day and you have a fun week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Enjoyed your Wanderlust pages. Nice to see you created a garden in your journal.

I adored the gardens in England and your family. But of course, the Paris photos are divine. That church is stunning and so very, very different from the ones here in the states. I could spend all day looking at those photos.

Goodness, you got some wonderful desserts with T's coffee. Nice to see yours, too before you drank it all. Thanks for sharing your photos from the Jubilee, your Paris shots, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful photos Chris and so many memories you must have when looking through them.
Fabulous journal pages as well.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Delightful photos. I love the Queen and her corgi garden statue. Adorable. Your Wanderlust pages are wonderful like Spring and Fall. Teddies having a tete a tete so cute. I enjoyed your tour of Paris. The blue and gold ceiling in the church is magnificent and the candles look like stained glass. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

I love your paintings and always enjoy your Paris photos-hugs

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

great photos, so good you could get away. Nice weather it looks like We visited my son and he sent us to Paris and we took an evening boat cruise with supper. Was so fun. I sent you an email on the ATC card. Have a good week