Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 12 June 2022

Fish and ICADs...and little more..

Hi everyone, we're still racing around like scalded hens but all's good!

It's taken me three days to get this page finished.

I have had this Paper Artsy stamp for a while and I had almost forgotten it until I saw a post by Sirkiss.

My page was made by making a ghost print on my gelliplate and it has been in my journal for a while.

I added some stencilling and then layered up some papers and fabrics.

The image was stamped onto some free paper from a magazine and it hasn't stamped especially well.

I used Alison Bomber's 'Sunshine and Rain" set by Paper Artsy and here is where I went wrong. I didn't check that the ink was dry and it smudged as I stuck it on to another piece of paper (serves me right, as I did think of heat embossing it and was too lazy to lean over to plug in my heat tool!)

This part was after we had been on a day trip and I was feeling tired.

Yesterday morning I had every intention of stamping the quote again but we were trying to get out early(Note - I was trying!)

After making two visits and ending up chatting we finally went to get some shopping and didn't get back here until 3.00pm - so much for having regular meals!

But...now it is finished, photographed and ready to join in at Art Journal Journey and Mia's 'Fish' theme.

I am very late posting my first week of taking part making ICADs too. Inspired by Daisy Yellow prompts

I had every intention of posting every five days but that's gone out of the window too.

So, here they are..


Asterisk

Peony
Maze
Key
Pink
Daydream(you know mine always include Paris and the great outdoors!)
Roots
For each of the weeks ICADs I used some washi tape and some flowers cut from some old gardening books.
I am also posting weekly on Instagram

Our trip out was to a town in our Peak District - Buxton - about an hours drive from home










An original shopfront
There was another strange treat for us...
Part of the park had been turned into a Dinosaur exhibition with animated models - great for children but at £14 pound per adult we declined the chance to walk all round. There are lots outside the are to see and we saw quite a lot over the low fence.

They couldn't compete with these goslings ..


The journey home provide some great views too. Traffic jam in town prompted us to take a slightly longer way home.




Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Delightful page and ICADs. How fun to see the dinosaurs roaming around town. Lovely scenery for the ride home. Looks like Tolkien's Shire

Helen said...

love the journal page and the ICADS are gorgeous. Buxton is beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page and IADS. I was last in Buxton in the 1960s! Have a wonderful week, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, what a fun post. Nice page, and I think the image looks great. Perfect for Mia's challenge.I also really enjoyed your ICADS. I love all the bits of color and the rainbows on many. And of course your trip to Buxton looks lovely. The old shop front is really beautiful, and I'm glad some still exist, and I was quite taken by those dinosaurs. I wonder the park was so expensive to get into though. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your card designs! I'll bet the dinosaur exhibit is getting lots of attention. I know I'd go and pose with them :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful page, i love this photos and ICADs!
Have a good week, hugs Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed reading that you actually made a boo boo on stamping. Does that mean you are human? Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ using Mia's theme.

I absolutely LOVE your ICADs. I adore that they are mostly all flowery and feminine. They are sweet and wonderful. SO glad you shared them, dear.

craftytrog said...

Your page and icads are beautiful Chris, and lovely photos of Buxton.

Meggymay said...

Super photos from your trip to Buxton Chris.
The art page and ICADS were all looked fantastic , I think I have the stamp you used on the page stored somewhere, thanks for the memory jog.
Yvonne xx