Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 19 June 2022

Sunday...... .some things!

 Hi everyone  - all is well here apart from blogger still playing games - I even have problems getting my own blog to display when I have added something to a draft!

I have lots to show you though!

I have a new page for Mia's 'Fish' theme at Art Journal Journey.


When I found the sardine tin image in a free magazine I knew I had use it.
I used a Lavinia stencil with three different colours of Paper Artsy Fresco paints than added some ink through the same stencil (a very old Black Soot Distress ink)The sardines were mounted on an old piece of gelli printed paper. I found a scrap of similar coloured paper to stamp the Lavinia fish on. The quote is from a Tim Holtz Clippings sticker book. The papers had their edges inked too.

Next I have a Tag for Valerie's Use a Die theme at Tag Tuesday
I used a tag that already had an orange background - possibly a gelli print - I used a Paper Artsy brick stamp and Rusty Hinge Distress ink to make an aged brick wall effect.
I picked the green flower(a TH wildflower)as it reminded me of seeing plants that grow out of walls or chimneys. The quote is a TH Small Talk sticker.

I also realise that I haven't shown last weeks ICADs
Here they are together. I used up quite a few scraps making them.


Although I am trying to use washi tape in my ICADs the day's prompt was found and I had literally found the pieces down the sides of the settee





I tried to write underneath the ICAD with the pink flower but the cursor just kept jumping up the page - the prompt was 'Rainbow' so I chose rainbow colours.

Before we went shopping last week we had a quick walk around The Carrs wood near Wilmslow.












The birds were singing but were in competition with the tractor mowing the rugby field

Thanks for looking, Chris


11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have given us a plethora of wonderful art to share. Nice to see a real beauty in the sardine tin and Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey. It was a lovely page, and I enjoyed it.

What a nice tag, too. I really like that floral die cut and the brick background.

Your ICADs are spectacular. I absolutely LOVE them all. They all seem to revolve around flowers, whether you realize it or not. I also like your use of postage stamps.

Lovely view of Carr's Wood. Nice and green there, too. Hope blogger treats you better soon. It's been a real pain for me.



kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I really enjoyed all of your art-love the fish page. you find such lovely places to take a walk. here it is still too hot for us to be outdoors unless I get our very very early in the morning at light.
have a good new week hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun post Chris. I love the sardine idea. I thought about making a similar page, but then I've been running out of time so I'm glad you had the idea too. And nice tag and ICADS too. I really enjoy how these ICADS are just made with lots of bits and pieces. And you had a wonderful walk too. A walk into the woods is never a bad thing. Have a great start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

great fish page! fab icads too. Love the walk through the woods - looks like there'd been some rain from puddles! Happy Monday (I'm late!)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art and photos. Your journal page is lovely, as is the tag you made for Tag Tuesday. Thanks so much for joining us!

Divers and Sundry said...

Such creative use of "scraps". Nice!

The woodland walk is definitely my "thing". I'd love spending time there.

CJ Kennedy said...

You've been busy by the looks of all the lovely eye candy. Carrs Wood looks like a nice place to ramble, too.

craftytrog said...

Some fabulous art and lovely photos Chris!

Meggymay said...

A super post Chris, lots of beautiful photos as well as the fantastic icads and journal pages.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Lots of lovely art Chris but it's the fishy page in your journal I came to see and I love it. Great background with that stencil and those colours. Love the sardine tin, know why you had to use it and I do like how you used the sheet for the fish.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Lots to see on your blog, wonderful creations.
I love your tag, the background really makes the flower "pop"
Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday x