Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 May 2020

T Stands For....taking my time!!

Hi everyone, I have finally stopped rushing around, the craft room is only partially sorted...how does the scrap pile get so big???? It is going slowly, some in collages some being thrown out(whatever was I thinking!!)and some will find it's way back into a box!

Not a great deal of crafting going on but I have been making one piece of art a day - my mail art that I am calling Happy Bird Day as I have chosen to a bird on it each day!
Jo remarked on Instagram that I must have a lot of bird stamps....I do....although I did repeat one in a fit of laziness(refused to get off my bottom to reach for a box!)
I am taking part in The 100 day Project on Instagram and have recently been letting them mount up a bit before taking photographs as I have to move things off my little stand where I take photos by my window.

I'll show you some here...
 The aren't all stamped - one stencil here and some collage elements!
 I am just using random envelopes that have been separated from their cards for some reason other.
I will be using them to send some of my bits and pieces around the world when I have finished the 100!
 I stamped the goose using paint, I think I will have to give him an inking too one day!
 More birds cut from my old bird ID book!
I have to confess, CAS is difficult for me, I am essentially a messy crafter and the label is covering up a really messy ink mark!
I recently bought some Darkroom Door stamps so the labels and post marks here are from those sets.
So just over halfway here, although in reality I am on Day 50 today! 
I'll show you more another time!

As for other things I have been doing......my samples headed off towards Hochanda for next Tuesday's Crafty Individual shows which at the moment I think are on at 7.00am and 11.00am UK BST.

I posted my Try It On Tuesday post which is a CAS card - I managed to keep the inky marks off as the sentiment is the only stamped part on it! You can see it here.

As I said - I have been sorting out my craft room - this is the before....

...and as yet...no after....it's a WIP!!!!

I have been using some stretch bands to excercise...you are definitely not going to see the video hubby took!

I had some happy mail this morning too - ordered separately quite a while ago for one package but they arrived together!
My finger slipped on the 'add to basket' button too quickly I think!!!

As I am actually here for T Stands For  Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's place  - The Altered book Lover, I had better get on with it!

We have been enjoying recipes from our new cook book from my son -by the same person as our Roasting Tin book but this one is Round The World Roasting Tin Recipes!
As you can see I have several tatty markers for ones we have already made and liked loved!
This one was African and vegan and so tasty and filling - I chopped mint for the top then forgot to put it on! Mint is actually in the title of the recipe so we will have to make it again....
Hubby had only eaten one mouthful. As you can see we often take the easy option of using a spoon when there are small bits(in this case bulgar wheat) to be picked up!

Oh! I am continuing with my very good book - I'll show you that next week and we have watched some good films this week too -Jody Foster in 'Flight Plan' was excellent and we also enjoyed another flight film - 'Air Force One'! We have had the DVD of 'The Boat That Rocked' for a while but have only just watched it this week - very funny and fantastic music - and if you remember Pirate radio you can imagine the kind of music. I think it was called 'Pirate Radio' as an alternative!

Well, time for.....well, whatever I please, but coffee first I think!
I'll be around later!

Thanks for looking, Chris






20 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I really enjoyed all of your birds very much-and to put them on envelopes is genius!! I am going to borrow that idea.
craft rooms I think are meant to be messy sometimes-I have too much but I never know what my interest may be so I usually have it on hand lol.
Your meal looks delicious-that's a good idea trying out new recipes
air force one is a good movie I have seen that one a few times.
Happy T wishes Kathy

Cath Wilson said...

Haha, Chris. This made me smile. I usually get to about 4/5 tidying and sorting, then start again and after that it's much worse than it was before because I created lots of piles of 'to be sorted' while watching TV. I think I'm only turning the TV on about three times a week at the moment and usually because I'm tired, so no sorting getting done. You're doing well! But I think we're chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - a tidy craft room must be an oxymoron ;-)

I LOVE your envelopes. It's a great idea to stamp birds on them. I have a lot of bird stamps, too, so maybe I should try that. The problem for me is there are always more backgrounds to create... they always take precedence and then I struggle to use some of them because they're just too gorgeous to cover up! I don't think I'll ever change in that way, lol.

I don't take part, but Happy T day all the same. You'll soon be able to go for coffee again - not too long now. I'm 'working myself up' to going shopping in an hour or so, when the queues are shorter. Wouldn't mind but half of it isn't for me!
Take care and keep on using up those piles!
Cath x

Valerie-Jael said...

You have some wonderful bird stamps. Your craft room looks familiar.... Mine looks awful, I had to tip out some boxes to look for something and somehow nothing fits in any more....your food looks good, eating with a spoon is good. Have fun with the new goodies, enjoy. Happy T Day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

If you let your hubby take exercise video of you you're a braver woman than I am lol! Your food does look delicious. Sometimes a spoon just makes more sense. I'll join you for coffee :) Happy T Tuesday!

Linda Kunsman said...

I love seeing all your bird envies on IG- and yes you do have quite a collection of bird stamps- and now a generous packet of new stamps to add to your collection! They are going to be such fun to play with- but then, isn't any new art supply:):)
Your cookbooks look good- especially that they are one dish meals. I may look into them as you and hubby are enjoying your makes!
As for your craft room- oh well- that sure is a big task- and if it was me I'd let it be until I played with some of the new goodies that arrived;) Happy T day!

Eileen Bergen said...

OMGosh, I love your bird stamped envelopes, Chris! You have so many fun stamps. CAS card??

Is the Horchanda show on TV or online? I'd really love to see it.

Reorganzing such a huge stash is daunting. It gets a lot worse before it gets better, doesn't it?

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely adore those bird envelopes. It's good to have a theme, and I know you have a ton of stamps, so these (AND THOSE NEW ONES you just bought) will get you through the rest of the challenge.

You have a ton of things in your art space. I thought I had a lot of stuff, but mine is all junk, not real products.

You and T look happy with your meal. With my limited grip, I often use a spoon to eat. I use a soup spoon because the handle is larger. I think that's a great way to eat, too. I enjoyed seeing the cute coasters under your water glasses, too.

Thanks for sharing these envelopes, your WIP craft space, and your meal and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris (and T, too).

CJ Kennedy said...

I love your bird theme. Such cute and wonderful creations. Impressive to be able to make something every day for so many days. Cleaning and sorting is always a work in progress. Dinner looks delicious and always nice to see your smiling hubby. Take care and Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

You have been very busy. I love all the mail art that you have been working on. And I had a chuckle when you said all those goodies got into your cart by the slip of a finger. Happy Crafting. You have a lot of new things to work with.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I think we are in a tie for messy craft rooms. Smile. But your bird pages are fantastic and I like how you make 1 a day. And nice new toys too. Have fun playing and cleaning. Sometimes it is lots of fun to go through old things and rediscover something you haven't used and awhile.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

You've created a lot of nice bird art pieces. I have many areas that need to be decluttered (as I call it), so I can relate to your work in progress area. Happy belated T-Day!

Rita said...

Love all your bird stamps! Especially the silly abstract ones.

Cleaning and organizing a craft room is a HUGE project. Will be great to see before and after photos eventually. Take you time. It's important work. :)

Lisca said...

Your bird art is great. Is the rest going to be birds too? 100 birds? I like them all and it is the sort of thing people love to receive.
Your roasting tin meal looks really lush. Forgot the mint? I do things like that too! Things that need to go on top at the end, are often completely forgotten. Oh well...
Spoons? Forks? Cutlery etiquette has gone completely out of the window since we retired. We eat with a fork in our right hand (American fashion, which I was never allowed to do) or a spoon when that is much easier. Why not.
I'm glad you enjoyed The Boat That Rocked. The music is great because that was my era. And of course having grown up in Holland I used to listen to the Pirate stations. Radio Caroline and Radio London. I remember crying when they had to shut down. I listened to the final transmission in tears. There was also a Dutch pirate station called Veronica. They later went legal and are now a popular tv station. They have recently celebrated their 60th anniversary.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

Chris .. what a fabulous use of all your birds!!! LOVE them!!!! I may have to borrow this idea if that is ok with you! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, seeing all of the beautiful mail art together is such a treat! As you remembered me saying you have so many bird stamps ...lol ... they all look gorgeous 😀. That's a huge bundle of new goodies too - enjoy! Looks like a yummy meal - Happy T Day wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

patcrafts said...

Loved reading all of this and seeing all your beautiful mail art, fabulous. I love all your new stamps too lucky person. I am quite interested in your new cookery book "Roasting Tin Around The World" I saw it somewhere its so long since I was in a shop so I can't remember where, no doubt I will find it on Amazon.
Keep on crafting Chris and stay safe.

Caty said...

Wonderful post Chris !! I loove your mail Art, these envelopes are so gorgeous, love the birds stamps and stickers you used, they are great. Your studio is awesome, you know that creative minds always have messy crafty rooms hahahaha that´s fabulous ! You ´ll create lots of Art with those lovely things you have ordered, And, the meal looks delicious! Happy belated belated T-day (♫ ♪ smile ♫ ♪, sorry I´m soo late)
I wish you a very nice Friday, stay safe and well, and biig hugs,
Caty

Meggymay said...

Your daily art pieces look fantastic Chris.
We have those cook books as well, they have super ideas in them.
You will enjoy using your new craft goodies.
Sorry I am late calling in.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

I just love your Bird-day mailart, Chris - the collection looks so good together and I've been enjoying checking out each individual stamped image - no way I've got that many birds in the stash, I don't think. The cockerel is particularly fine, with the delicate splatter, and I love the one where he's checking out the postmark with great suspicion.

Thanks for the film recommendations - we like a good action flick every now and then. Looking forward to seeing your samples soon.
Alison x

J said...

Hi Chris, sorry I’m late commenting, I can never comment on your blog unless I’m on my PC for some reason, anyway your meal looks delicious. I have lots of cookbooks and save recipes, trouble is I don’t do the cooking any more, Steve is good at making it up as he goes along, he can make a meal out of anything, I’m a lucky girl, LOL
I love all the birds youve been stamping, lots of new goodies too I see, I find I always want to try everything at once and then put them away and forget to use them,
Have. Great weekend, jan x