Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 31 May 2020

Flowers....finally!!!

Hi everyone! I'm having a bit of time on the computer at last! I have tried using my phone or tablet for commenting but keep forgetting I have to do things differently and lots of comments have gone astray! I will try to get back to rectify it but meanwhile I had about three pages ready for taking photos along with my mail art and things went slightly topsy turvy!!
Nothing major I might add, but just one thing after another, some pleasant some not.
Our internet was down for a while and we now have a new hub and so far seems quicker than the last one, so that's a big result!!
Hubby has been using the computer a lot and I have had to wait until hubby had finished before I could get on, every time he asked me if I wanted the computer I had inky hands so he carried on, got into something and by the time he was finished it was too late to concentrate(that's just the way I am these days!)

Anyway, I'm here now and I have a 'Flowers' page for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey! It comes with an apology for not getting there more often - it is such good theme for me and I missed my chances!! Hey Ho!


I bought this Aall and Create stamp set a while ago so decide it was about time it was shown the ink pad!! The flowers are so beautiful but my mind was all in one colour! The page did have some blue from some mopping up. I added stencilling and stamping using A and C products - mainly because they were handy! I used a Visible Image quote that seems to sum up my feelings quite well!

When I looked at it I decided that some pink might look a bit cheerier so I inked and spritzed a stencil with Picked raspberry oxide ink and used it randomly over the page.

With so many circles here I'm entering at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - Going Round In Circles
I'm also entering at Stamping Sensations May challenge - 'Say it With flowers'

I hope I will 'pick up' a bit before my next post - heading to my craft room now we have unpacked and wiped all our groceries that arrived - early for the first time!

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, lovely colours. Glad the groceries arrived early for once. Hugs, Valerie

Mia said...

Oh Chris, this is a beautiful page. I love the blue color you used on the flowers and the pink ink on the background makes a great color combination. The stencil with the circles is fantastic. Thank you so much for the inspiration and for joining again my challenge at AJJ. Kisses, my friend.

kathyinozarks said...

So pretty

My name is Erika. said...

Beautiful page Chris. I love the big flowers. And the blue. And you made it for AJJ before the challenge changes so all is good. Thanks for joining us. And hope JUbe starts off great for you. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful page and flower stamp Chris and I really love how you used the shades of blue to colour them. I am happy you managed to get this paged linked up before Mia's theme closed, thank you fr our support at SJJ.
I hope your internet will be okay, ours is very ''iffy'' and emails seem to please themselves, receiving or sending. Big demands on the net with so many folk being home.
Take care and stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Sounds like things have been a bit up and down. Lovely flowers spread. Hope it is a less rocky week. ;)

brenda said...

Such fabulous colours and interest in the background topped with the beautifully coordinating blooms, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Mean to add that I am so pleased it's not just me that wipes over all the groceries when they are delivered, mentioned it on the phone to a friend the other day and I got the distinct impression she thought I had lost the plot.

B x

Caty said...

This is an Amazing Art journal page Chris !! Absolutely gorgeous background and colours, love the flowers.
Have a great week, stay safe and well,
Big hugs,
Caty

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your flowers are incredible. I also like that beautiful stamp. The pink goes nicely with the gorgeous flowers, too. Thanks for a final entry at Art Journal Journey. I am late visiting, but still can appreciate the beauty of this final entry using Mia's theme.

Viv said...

What a lovely journal page! Those lovely blooms pop off that detailed background. Great job and thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Sally H said...

An absolutely gorgeous page for our Say it with Flowers theme, Chris. So beautiful! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - this is beautiful! I love the colors of the flowers (great flowers btw) and your background and words are awesome! Really well done and a great page for the May theme!

Marjut said...

This is a pretty flowers page!