Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 20 May 2020

Paris, Flowers and Dreams!

Hi everyone! Time to play...although to be honest that what I have been doing with my samples! I am so looking forward to sharing them with you!
After I came back from the post box today (and trying to get away from a very rude man who continued to walk towards us as we walked around a van that was parked on the pavement!!!)I started a journal page. I made a good start on a mop up page, then changed my mind about using it so found another mop up which started this page after we had cooked and eaten our evening meal!
I used a flower stencil, stamps and die cuts from Aall and Create and a Paris Image from the Craft Box. The quote is (I think) from Inkylicious.

Of course I made this for Mia's 'Flowers' theme at Art Journal Journey! 

That's it from me tonight. I didn't sleep so well last night and was finishing and packing samples most of today! Time to sit and watch The Great British Sewing Bee soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Chris. And I think this quote takes on a new meaning with covid-19. I think we are all dreaming of tomorrow and this covid-19 gone, at least where we can go out and not living like we are right now. I doubt it will ever be gone. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ. It has some wonderfully romantic flowers for Mia's challenge. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an incredibly lovely journal page, Chris. I think it is fabulous. Of course, I love anything Paris, as do you and T. I love the flowers you added and agree with Erika that this quote takes on new meaning right now. Thanks beyond belief for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

Helen said...

Great journal page! I love he Sewing Bee too; even though I can barely thread a needle

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a very charming book page! I love your details on it
I wish you a nice day, hug Elke

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful page, Chris! I love what you did with the flower stencil and the Paris image! It's gorgeous!!!! Hugs!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris and I also like the words you added, we all feel the same I'm sure in the times we are living through.
Thank you for linking with us at Art Journal Journey and Mia's theme for the month.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Hi Chris - long time no see, and with this current situation I guess it will continue to be a long time before we meet up again. maybe no more Port Sunlight for us! I hope this is not the case.
Well, I saw this on Bloglovin' and I instantly was drawn to it because of the Eiffel \Tower but when I came on your blog I found something more beautiful than in the initial thumbnail. Lovely work Chris, a gorgeous page.
Hope you both are keeping well and safe
Hugs, Neet xx

Mia said...

What a gorgeous journal page, Chris! I love your vintage style! Thank you so much for joining me again at AJJ. Kisses!

Mae Travels said...

The Eiffel Tower is such an icon of Paris! Love it or not, you can see it from just about any high place in the city.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Lovely page. Rude man. I didn't sleep well last night, either. Maybe we both need a nap--lOL! ;)

Let's Art Journal said...

Stunning page! I love the neutral colours and those beautiful flowers that you stencilled in the background with the pretty Paris scene - gorgeous 😁. Happy weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Caty said...

This is an Amazing Art journal page Chris !! Absolutely gorgeous, love the papers, the beautiful die cut and the quote.
I wish you a very nice new week, stay safe and well,
and big hugs,
Caty

Eileen Bergen said...

Gorgeous page, Chris.

I'm glad you got yoour saamples packed and sent. That must be a load off your mind. I can't wait to see them! Eileen xx