Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2020

T Stands For.........time well spent!

Hi everyone, although I am not getting as much time in my craft room as I expected with not going out anywhere I have been making samples for next month's Crafty Individuals show - the new collection of stamps are a real joy to use!
I made a journal page for Mia's 'Flowers' theme at Art Journal Journey..
...quite simple....I used half a flowery napkin onto a brayered inky page, stamped and coloured the Ellie Mulligan flowers, (a Crafty Individuals stamp)and then used this lovely Tim Holtz girl. I tinted her dress with pink and her flowers with red pen. I added some Aall and Create stencilled flowers and the Paper Artsy quote by Lin Brown.

Now to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth of The Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday.
Last week Linda at HeARTfully Inspired By Linda shared a recipe (here) that I was really keen to try so last night with all the ingredients purchased I made my version...and I will be making it again on a regular basis, we both loved it! Thank you for sharing this Linda!
A definite case of over acting here when I said 'Smile!' As you can see we had ours with Tuna...it really was delicious!


Last Friday was VE Day and we would normally have got together with other flat owners for a party. As this wasn't going to be possible we were brought picnic food to eat on our balconies!
It would have been very hot on our enclosed balcony so I made arrangements with our next door neighbour to sit at a card table on the walkway  a little way outside our door and her bedroom window so that we could at least see each other and speak through her (closed) window. We often communicate this way, she is new here and hadn't really had much chance to meet many folk before lockdown was imposed!
We had music played to us by another neighbour.
In the evening we saw this tree shining its leaves in the setting sun!
In the bedroom the sun caught this glass vase...and through the window the sun was just behind the trees.
My son brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers when he brought me some shopping.....


...enough to fill two vases! 

I am 'helping' hubby do some painting tomorrow - a job started last year and not completed - we spent time today moving furniture!

Thanks for looking, Chris

20 comments:

Caty said...

OOhh you spent a wonderful Mother´s Day Chris !! It is so beautiful, Love to see your great photographs, and those so pretty flowers.
Happy T-day dear !
Have a very nice Wednesday, stay safe, and big hugs
Caty

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you enjoyed the meal you cooked. You made a wonderful floral journal page, love it. Good idea to do balcony parties for VE day. We have to find other means of celebrating just now. You got lovely flowers from your son, enjoy, and have a good week.Happy T Day, Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, your mother's day flowers are so beautiful!!-enjoy
I though Linda's recipe sounded really good too.
and so nice to enjoy VE day while social distancing-it's good for everyone to be connected somehow. soundes really nice.
Love your newest journal page too
Happy T Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

Looks like you've been having fun! You created such a lovely page with all those beautiful flowers 😀. Your meal looks delicious and that was a wonderful way to celebrate VE Day too, such fun! Happy T Day wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Linda Kunsman said...

Love, love your journal page Chris!!
I am so glad you tried- and more importantly -liked this recipe-yummy flavors n'est-ce pas? Thanks for the extra enthusiasm hubby:):):)
Lovely way to celebrate VE day!
I have glassware in the same patterns and style you have posted-pretty.
Glad you had a lovely Mother's day full of bright happy moments, and flowers. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

I love that page for Mia's challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. And I love the idea of of your balcony/porch party. What a great way to celebrate during this lock down. And I had to laugh at your hubby's photo during dinner. It does look delicious. I wish my hubby would eat more veggies. Hope you had a lovely T day. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

What a stunning journal page! I love hearing about how you and your neighbor are communicating through the window. And that is such a great idea to have dinner on your balcony. The sunshine on the trees is lovely! The flowers are gorgeous.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Meggymay said...

It is a wonderful page for Mia's AJJ theme Chris, beautiful flower additions and sentiment..
The flowers your son brought looked beautiful as well.
It was a super way to celebrate VE day with the lock down in place.
Your hubby looked like he was really enjoyed his meal, it did look delicious.
Belated T day wishes Chris.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your artwork is lovely. You all found a great way to celebrate VE Day despite the Lock Down. The flowers are beautiful. Your food looks delicious.

Lisca said...

What a novel way of celebrating VE Day! I bet you had fun. (And it was nice weather too)
Lovely photos of the sun doing its thing. Beautiful.
The meal looks delicious. I have the recipe too but haven't made it yet.
Belated T-Day wishes,
Hugs,
Lisca

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You spent a wonderful Mother's Day with the beautiful bouquet and good food!
Your journal page has become beautiful!
I wish you a successful day painting,hugs Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

What a creative way to have a community gathering! Those flowers are lovely. Happy T Day!

Eileen Bergen said...

This was a fun read, Chris. The VE Day faux picnic was brilliant.

Lovely page. I clicked on your button for Crafty Inividuals, but didn't find any of your DT work. I hope they send you the products for your efforts. That's very cool.

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

You have been busy. Arting (lovely page), cooking, partying (what a clever way to socialize while practicing social distancing), and home improvements. The cut glass vase is so pretty especially with the light coming through and so sweet of your son to bring you flowers. Take care and Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Chris, I am SO sorry I'm late visiting. I got really sick and just couldn't continue on Tuesday. I'm sorry for not being a very good host.

I was so impressed that you used a napkin in such a creative way. That little girl must be new. I have two sets of those dolls and have never seen her. It's a beautiful entry for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Your son gave you some beautiful flowers for Mother's Day. They are beautiful and I know they cheered you.

I enjoyed seeing how you and your neighbors celebrated VE day. Those flags were impressive. They look so festive hanging there. I enjoyed seeing how you celebrated on your neighbor's walkway, too. Was that water or something stronger (grin)?

Your meal looked wonderful. That tuna looked very fresh and delicious, too. We seldom get good tuna here. Here it's mostly canned. Your water was all you needed to complete that impressive meal.

Thanks for sharing your art, your VE day celebration, your meal, and your water with us for T this week. Again, sorry I'm late visiting.

J said...

Hi chris, thanks for your earlier visit, I always have problems commenting on your blog from my iPad, I love your VE celebrations and your meal, I’m not keen on fresh Tuna although I love tinned, I think it’s the meaty texture that puts me off.
Your flowers are beautiful, fresh flowers don’t keep very long here when it’s hot.
Take care
Jan x

Iris Flavia said...

Good quote! And beautiful page.
Your Hubby looks real happy! :-) And the recipe is in my favs already.
Good on you to take care of your neighbour. I missed hubby for an hour+ last week - talking to the lonely neighbour, he was.
Beautiful flowers! xx

Mia said...

What a beautiful journal page! And lovely photos of flowers! Thank you so much for joining my challenge at AJJ!

Marjut said...

Lovley pages!

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely journal page - she looks great with all your flowers. So pretty. Wonderful looking meal, fun picnic, and great pictures. Hope your painting goes well!!!