Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 9 August 2019

Playtime!

I am at last getting some time to relax..okay, there's still a lot I need to do but I have at least slowed down...a bit! 

I had some fun in my journal, lots of layers of paint and ink, using my fingers and brayer as well as stencils(some used as stamps), lids, stamping and spattering! Oh yes, it was fun!
I stamped a Dina Wakley bird onto a book page I had sprayed with ink, and then stamped the bird again onto my page before sticking down the fussy cut body. The quote comes from the same set and was also stamped onto the edge of the page and torn around. I outlined some of the gold stencilling that wasn't showing up vey well.
I am entering at..
Art Journal Journey and Gill's theme - 'Anything with Eyes'
More Mixed Media - Anything Goes - with optional bright
Paint Party Friday 
I also made a tag. I had some paint on the stencil I used on my page so I spritzed it and used it as a stamp onto the tag. The stamps are by Inkadinkado that I have had for ages (so neglected that they were almost put on the charity pile)The seahorse was stamped onto a scrap of gelli print.I finished the tag off with some ink around the edge and some spatters.
I'm joining in the Summer Fun at Tag Tuesday!

We also had a little outing yesterday - not far away, to Little Moreton Hall - we had a very interesting guided tour.

 We had some sunshine too as we walked by the moat!
I'll show you more another day...you will see I was quite inspired by what I saw! 


21 comments:

myra anderson said...

great post! lovely bird!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of lovely art and photos today. Love the sweet bird on the journal page, and the tag is gorgeous, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, and at More Mixed Media. Love the buildings in the last photos, I visited there many, many years back! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

A cute beautiful page and lovely tag.
Have a great weekend 🦋🌞

Helen said...

Little Moreton Hall looks wonderful - look forward to more pics! Great page, I love that bird of Dina's!

JFM said...

Very lovely art and an interesting post!
Happy PPF 💮

Meggymay said...

Super art pieces Chris, I love the bird journal page.
The photos looked lovely, I look forward to seeing more,
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork. I love your blue bird. Great photos. I like the architecture.

I hope you weren't affected by that power outage that struck parts of the UK today around 5pm London time. (I didn't read whether or not Manchester was affected.)

Beth Niquette said...

Your tiny bluebird spoke its song into my heart. And I cried. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your art journal page and tag are so sweet. Moreton Hall looks like a delightful place to visit, so thanks for sharing your pictures. Happy PPF!

My name is Erika. said...

What cool art! I looks like you were having fun and that shows through so clearly in your art Chris. And what a fascinating old building. I bet that was an enjoyable and unique tour. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely art!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Chris. Since both you and Helen say that's a Dina Wakely bird, I stand corrected. I thought those were designed by THoltz. Regardless, it's a great journal page and a beauty for Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Little Morton Hall looks so majestic. I was inspired just from your photos. I look forward to more soon, too.

Gibby Frogett said...

Thanks for another beautiful page for AJJ Chris. What a great pretty and grungy background - love the colours. And the bird stamp is so sweet :)
Love your ta too - great images - the crab made me smile.
Fab photos as well - looks like you had nice day out - good there was sunshine.
Its blowing a gale down here today - hope its better up with you.
Have a great weekend.
Gill x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful artwork Chris, and Little Moreton Hall looks interesting and very pretty!
Happy weekend.
Alison xx

Rita said...

Pretty art and time for a tour--nice! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Ah, layers. So pretty! Someday I hope to figure out that whole layer and depth thing...

I love guided tours. I learn so many interesting things. When I read about bloggers' outings I feel like I've been on a guided tour virtually :)

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, love the background for the little bird and it's a fab summer tag.
Love the pictures of Morton Hall, it's a few years since we visited there, it's a fantastic place.
Avril xx

SLScheibe said...

This is really beautiful and makes me smile! I love the background and that birdie is super adorable! A beautiful quote too :)

Gillena Cox said...

Luv that cute bird. Thanks for sharing the photos also

Much❤👨‍🎨❤love

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely layers of colour and splatter, so full of energy - and the little bluebird looks right at home. Delightful tag too... I love the watery look of the seaweed.

You can't beat a good bit of timber-framing and this is top-notch!
Alison x

Joan said...

Love your tag, so glad you kept the stamps - they are perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday!