Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 31 August 2019

Last Chance!!

I finally found some time to make one last journal page for Gill's 'Things with Eyes' theme at Art Journal Journey!

I bought a bargain Art Pad today (£3.99) from Aldi and although I brought a smaller journal with me I decided to use this new one.
The paper is very sturdy and I used water colour pencils, distress ink and stencils and lots of doodling to provide the background for the magazine image! I cut off the flowers in her hair and drew in some more using water colour pencils. The words came from the same magazine and the medallion on her necklace! On a whim I opened the Christmas craft box and found the felt and button circle for her nose!!

We have a day of very mixed weather, managed to get caught in the rain once but now we have a clear blue sky and sunshine.

Thanks for looking, Chris
ps I went back and bought another pad this afternoon

8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This page is very clever and fun Chris. The background would make fabulous wallpaper too. HAppy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm late visiting, but at least I made it. You certainly gave your all with this new art pad. Most impressive way you managed to tie everything so well together. LOVED the nose, too. Thanks for one last entry using Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

froebelsternchen said...

This nose is amazing, what a cool idea!
A wonderful entry for AJJ and Gill's topic.
Wasn't it a fun one?!
Happy Sunday and happy start of September!
Thank you for supporting AJJ again so well dear Chris.
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

A great page Chris, I like her fun button nose.
You got a good bargain in Aldi, a lucky find and you have another in your stash now.
Yvonne xx

Gibby Frogett said...

ah ha you sneaked one in after I last checked AJJ ha ha... thanks Chris and thanks for all your fabulous pages for AJJ in August :)
What a beautiful page for your new journal (wasn't that a great price!) I love all the additions you made - and how the flowers compliment the colours in her clothes.
Happy Sunday and have a great September too.
Gill x

sarascloset said...

I've been having a quick look through at all your recent posts, and I've enjoyed my visit and my little vacation (through your eyes), but only have a minute to leave you some love, so I'll leave my comment here. What a fun page--it reminds me of the silly photos I see all over the internet. Adorable and artsy all at the same time! Hugs!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a great buy, so funny I couldn't resist buying one of those pads too but haven't tried it out as yet! Your page is fabulous, I love the background and your lady is super fun 😁. I hope you're having a great week! Hugs, Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

Great altered image - I love her mossy nose! Love the patterned and bubbly background too.
Alison x