Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Wish you were here!

Are you in a holiday mood? Maybe our Design Team can help as our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Wish You Were Here'

 I have made a journal page using some stamped and fussy cut images of one of my favourite birds!
 Lapwings have fascinated me ever since I used to walk home from school past a field that always had  a flock in it - strutting around in the mud...sadly the field has long gone! Houses now!!!
I now get my views of them in Morecambe - not so many but I still enjoy seeing the colourful plumage and those little crests!

I am also adding this to Art Journal Journey for Gill's 'Anything with Eyes'theme

The Stamp is one of Crafty Individauals from a set called 'Quirky birds' I coloured them  with some cheap glitter pens from the works
The background is a combination of splodged Distress Oxides and Brushos.
The sentiment is also by Crafty Individuals - stamped onto tissue and added with matte medium gel.

The challenge runs for two weeks-just like a fortnight away in the sun!!! Wish I was there!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

22 comments:

Rosie said...

A wonderful page

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely terrific Chris! WOW!!!!!!

My name is Erika. said...

I like your take on the challenge and those lapwings are really fascinating. What a gorgeous page Chris. I'd like to walk along and see them near the water. Hugs-Erika

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A super journal page Chris and with a fabulous background. I have to say that it looks really peaceful x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page Chris, its good to sit and watch the birds when on holiday, so restful and they are quite characters the way they step out.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely and inspiring page! xoxo

Mrs.B said...

A great seaside page Chris, the background scene is just perfect for the Lapwings.
Avril xx

Joan said...

A lovely atmospheric page Chris that really resonates with me, we have lapwings that appear every year in the field at the back of our house, we have just had planning for 70 houses refused! Lapwings are endangered species now so everyone I see is precious.

Joan

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful page and scene Chris - lovely bird ( I think we sometimes get that here on our beach) love that CI stampset which I just looked up :)
Gill xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Me again Chris.... I meant to say.... so happy you shared this with us at AJJ too ..... thank you :)
Gill x

Rita said...

So cute! They look like entertaining little birds. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I have never seen a bird like this and can fully understand why you like them so. It's good you can still see them. I think we often don't appreciate the need for open green spaces in our cities -I know we don't here.

Helen said...

great page, love the bird stamp you've used. another holiday?! I am sure you need one it's been so long since the last one....

Marjut said...

Beautiful page!

Words and Pictures said...

You've created a beautiful seascape for your lapwings to perch in - the Brushos are really cool for getting that nice gritty texture to the sand.
Alison x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I know I'm late visiting, Chris, what else is new? I have never heard of lapwings before, but I love how you fussy cut them. You are so good at that, especially around the legs and feet. They are most unusual birds and I 'm glad you featured them at the sea. This theme resonates with me, so I'll be joining you soon, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Heavens, where are my manners? It is so thoughtful of you to also share this with us at Art Journal Journey using Gill's theme.

Neet said...

Your birds look superb on your page, especially as you coloured them in with a glitter pen. They provide a contrast with your background. Now I need to go to Morecambe to see them in real life.
Hugs, Neet
ps sorry I missed seeing you the other weekend, next time maybe?

craftytrog said...

Your Lapwings look beautiful Chris! A wonderful page!
Alison xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous artwork. I love this.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of Morecambe ...lol 😉. Those lapwings look amazing! I hope you've had a good few weeks! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x