Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 20 August 2019

TIOT is In My Garden!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'In My Garden There Is'
I think the DT must all have such lovely gardens as the inspiration on the TIOT blog today is fabulous!

Many of you may know that the only garden I have is the one at our caravan - it does give me a lot of pleasure, we get birds all year round and over the weekend during the damp weather we enjoyed watching the swallows diving around!

I really didn't know were to start with my journal page as there are so many aspects of the garden that I love so I got out a Garden Journal dedicated to my Dad, a gardener by trade, and chose a page that I liked, then attempted to portray it in a different way!
I decided to use a Crafty Individuals bird stamp as the original page has a Crafty Individuals image from one of their sheets
 Here is the original page in the small journal.

I started by stamping the bird in white onto a piece of gelli printed paper.
Next came my background, some paint from the brayer and some stamping by picking up some of the ink brayered onto my mat, then more random stamping using Crafty Individual stamps

I stamped some CI stems onto white paper and fussy cut them.

I arranged them onto my page and then took a photo.....
...just to see if it was what I wanted!

I found some flowers that I had in a box but no leaves so I drew some and coloured them in and gave the flowers some centres.  
I added butterflies and other insects and a few more white flowers!

Once again I am fascinated by how a page looks when photographed on different coloured backgrounds!

I hope you can join us at TIOT this time  - I would love to see your gardens! The challenge runs for 2 weeks.

I would like to enter this at Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge - Lets Do It Again 

Thanks for looking, Chris

20 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous journal pages Chris. I'm only just starting to journal and you are such an inspiration. The bird from CI is one of my favourites, I use it so often. Keep up the good work! x

Rosie said...

Beautiful pages, Chris

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely bird stamp you used Chris and a fabulous page with you dedicated to your father.Beautiful layers and colours.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

Fab background, Chris - lovely to see the page evolve. It can be frustrating to see the way scanners and cameras interpolate, at times can't it? They remove all the nuances of colour and tone it down...I think this is lovely and even lovelier that you were thinking of your Dad!
Cath x

Marjut said...

Beautiful journal page, lovely background.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-I love your journal page-so stunning! Kathy

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. The white stamping of the bird is magical, and I love the soft faded colour tones of the background. Can I be in your garden too? You should definitely share this beautiful reworked page over at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog (formerly Frilly & Funkie) where they are looking for "do-overs" of previous creations.
Alison x

Rita said...

Very pretty! I like the one from the small journal, too. Two very different approaches with the same theme. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how you did the flowers, and the bird in white is an airy touch :)

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris and it was lovely to see the original inspirational. Your new page has a wonderful background which compliments the white stamping of the bird.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

How wonderful to go with birds. These are beautiful Chris. What a great addition to TIOT! Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So lovely to look back on work and recreate and refashion. I can imagine how much fun you had creating your background. The bird looks beautiful embossed in white gently fading into the page letting those found flowers bloom.. Beautiful. Creative Hugs Tracey x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I bet this theme is one that is close to your heart. I know how much you LOVE gardens and garden themes. Your entry, which I'm glad you shared in step out photos, is incredible. I LOVE IT.

sarascloset said...

Well, this page was definitely worth repeating! Anything with birds tickles my fancy and add gardening to the mix and I'm a pushover! What a wonderful journal page, Chris, with so much interest to the background and a lovely cluster of flowers trickling down the edge of the bird panel. So gorgeous, and I'm honored that you played along in our Let's Do It Again challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! Hugs! Sara Emily

Joan said...

This is a stunning page! I loved the white embossing on the beautiful background Chris


Joan x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and background-love the embossed stamp
carol x

Ginny @ Polly's Paper Studio said...

Just lovely! I love the soft colors on that dreamy background. Thanks so much for joining us for our challenge at the Frilly & Funkie Boutique Blog . Crafty hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Chris! xx

Jenny Marples said...

I absolutely love your journal page Chris! Taking inspiration from that original page you've really added so much more with the gorgeous background and that clever white stamped bird. The flowers add a perfect pop of colour without detracting from your stamping too. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog xx

sarascloset said...

Back to say congratulations on being one of our top picks at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog! Your pages is a wonderful do-over! Hugs!