Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 23 May 2019

Up and away...

Hi everyone! Thanks for your Get Well wishes, as yet I am still waiting for the meds to do their stuff! We intended going to our caravan today but as well as hubby thinking we should stay close to our Medical Centre, I really don't think I could have withstood the journey!

I have been distracting myself today, reading, pottering around, watching TV and...making a journal page for Erika's 'In the Sky/In the Air' theme at Art Journal Journey. 

I'm sure we have all seen children letting go of their balloons and seeing their reactions. My little AALLandcreate Fiona Paltridge girlie had a whole handful of them when the wind whisked them out her hands and up into the air! Being such a good little girl she just sighed, although there were tears in her eyes!

I made this page using a few AALLandcreate stencils and stamps and a Tim Holtz snarky comment!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx




12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page. Feel well soon! Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

what a great page, love that little girl stamp! Hope the meds work soon.

sirkkis said...

Nice idea, fun page!
Have a wonderful weekend xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the emotion this evoked and how you described her feelings after loosing the balloons. This is an amazing page, full of movement and tenderness. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, please get well soon.

My name is Erika. said...

Ha-ha-she is a lot of fun. I think she does want to cause a scene with all those fun balloons. I love them and her. Is she one of your new stamps? And good idea to hang close if the meds haven't kicked in. Hopefully you'll feel like yourself again very soon. Thanks for joining in at Art Journal Journey. As before, your support is much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

It was always sad when a balloon got away.
Hope you feel better soon! :)

Margik said...

Hi Chris! Fun image and colour choices. I really love the girl stamp!
Fantastic ideas as always!
Have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Mar

froebelsternchen said...

Get well soon dear Chris! I love your balloon page! Gorgeous! Reminds me of my daughter as she was little and I bought her a very expensive balloon at the Prater in Vienna and she lost him a few hours later ....she was so sad back then!
Happy weekend Chris - take good care of you , get well soon and thanks a lot for joining in at Ajj again! Your support is wonderful!

Susi xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! The snarky comments made me smile, it fits the page perfectly ...lol 😉. I hope that you need are helping and that you feel better soon! Take care and owning you a happy Friday and weekend! Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

A scene would be called for! This piece is definitely evocative lol

Words and Pictures said...

Another delightful sky page - of course it's sad to lose a balloon, but also lovely to see them floating free as they're surely meant to.
Alison x