Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Calendar journal...it's up to you!

Well, it may just be up to me, but I hope you agree that this qualifies as an Art Journal Journey Entry for the the new theme chosen by this month's host, Erika(BioArtGirl)! She has chosen the theme 'In The Sky/In The Air'
I started my page with one intention for the background but wasn't happy, so I added more paint and then used AALLandcreate's Autourdemwa stencil with some Fresco paint to tone it down!
I made the journal squares with leftovers from other pages, there wasn't much left but I was able to use pink for the two Bank Holidays,
The images came from from one of the Stamperama pads I bought in Paris....no point just looking at them!!
Our gardens wouldn't be the same without birds singing and the odd butterly or bee and I have a flurry of butterflies here up above the garden!

Last month's page was much brighter and here it is all filled in...feel free to enlarge to read it

Here are some more of my circle entries for the Everything Circles Instagram challenge
 Collage and doodling
 Gelli plate and stamping
 Collage and Stamping
I used a background that had been in my journal for ages and added some pink, a gelli print circle, some scraps and some paper dolls.
The images reminded me of some Beatles songs so I doodled/wrote the song titles around the page.

I will be getting my 'Second on the 2nd post ready this evening so that I can join Bleubeard and Elizabeth tomorrow.

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your May calendar page is incredible, dear Chris. I love how you angled the colors and set the bank holidays apart. Clever use of color and a great first entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. LOVE those butterflies flying free.

Your beautiful and all so different circle entries are incredible. I love how you chose to not use only circles, but mix it up with journal pages, collage, and stamping. Great choices.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic selection of art pieces Chris. I love you calendar pages.
Its good that the days seem to be getting brighter and warmer.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork.

My name is Erika. said...

What fabulous collection of art Chris! Those circle heart stamps and the beautiful girl in the all you need is love page really caught my eye. And I think your calendar page fits the AJJ challenge perfectly. I see butterflies and a couple of birds. They are in the sky. Thanks so much for joining in at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic May calender - I love all the amazing details and your April pages are well filled with adventure! GREAT!!!
Your circle art is incredible dear Chris!
Thank you very much for supporting Erika's topic with this wonderful entry!
Happy Thursday!
Susi xxx

Neet said...

I think it definitely qualifies for In the Air and I love it and all the other things you have done - especially the card with the light bulbs on.
Hugs, Neet xx

sirkkis said...

Lovely pages 💝🐤

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous calender pages and your circle designs are beautiful 😁. It looks like you had a fun month joining this challenge and I love the lightbulbs and all you need is love artwork - perfect! I hope you have had a lovely week, happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x