Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 16 November 2017

Bright thoughts!

We are promised some sunshine today - I am really not a fan of grey days even if they are warm, give me a frosty, sunny day and I'm happy!
I don't think we will get a frost with our sun but my page today is about one of those days when I can wrap up warm and go for a walk!
My background is a lot of ripped scraps of paper, some book paper, some designed paper, but all from my scraps that I can't bear to throw away! Once I had stuck them down I scraped some gesso over very roughly. 
I used multi medium to make an image transfer, when I removed the paper I rubbed bit more vigorously lower down so that some of the print showed through. 
I added some watered down Decoart iron oxide paint and some Viva Inka Gold with my fingers.
Finally I stamped some dots and text and aded some TH words that I outlined in gold!

I hope you like this latest page for my 101 Ways To Keep Warm at Art Journal Journey.

Who knows, we may get a frost over the weekend and get out for some walks. My next few posts will be scheduled!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

You got the exact look for the feeling! Awesome!
Great techniques Chris!
♥♥♥
Have a fab rest of the day my friend!
You are such an inspiring hostes! WOW!
oxo Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree with Susi. You are a FABULOUS host. You have definitely been doing a great job.

I love this latest page, mainly for your use of scraps for the background, but also for the really great image transfer. This is a wonderful AJJ entry, dear Chris.

Anonymous said...

Wow * that has become so beautiful again and your writing page underneath is great .. a wintry side with wintry handshake that she needs! A beautiful journal!
greetings Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the background. No sunshine here today, just cold and grey and damp. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

What a beautiful page Chris, I love that you used scraps of paper to create your background and those butterflies at the side are gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

another fabulous page!

Meggymay said...

Wow, Chris, this is a beautiful page using up scraps. Its super background.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love your background Chris. It is beautiful. I think the scraps give it some great texture. Nice page. Hugs-Erika

Rike said...

I like your textured background, good use of your collected papers! And the transfered lady has enough warm clothes to go out for a walk!
A happy weekend! Rike x
P.S. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog - time does not matter! Sorry for the funeral!

Neet said...

Like it? I love it!! What a fabulous page, love all the different papers you have used, some great textural work on here. Fab image - fab work.
Hugs, Neet xx

Pamellia said...

Wonderful page Chris! I love the collage style and the stamping adds lots of extra interest. The butterflies down the right hand side are my favourite detail!!

I completely agree about the sun. I would prefer a cold day with a bright sky, I can throw a jacket on. It has been overcast day after day after day here. That's great for photos but not so great for motivation! lol. They say snow for today, I have my fingers crossed! hugs :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Fablous page Chris, love how you did the background and love the sunny colours! I so agree about the sunny weather, - we have been lucky up here in the North and have had several of those this last week....

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page! The collage bits and pieces worked beautifully and she is such a beauty; I like the grunge look and feel you created by accident too ..lol 😉. Hope you have been able to go out for a walk today, we have had some lovely sunshine so have been out walking too. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊