Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 17 November 2017

Get a hat!

I did mention that my next post would be a scheduled one and hopefully we aren't having to bundle ourselves up much! One thing I am sure to be doing is wearing a hat (I have quite a collection!)

I have my latest page for Art Journal Journey where my theme 101 Ways to Keep Warm is featuring!

My new Paper Artsy Elenazinski figures love their hats! I think they pretend that they are Christmas trees, which at the moment is fine, as the Christmas lights seem to being switched on all over the place!

I used a page in my black journal. I brayered on some bright colours and did some stamping using a stencil and then spattered on gold, orange, pink and turquoise paint.
I used a baby wipe to add some gold paint ground for the figures to stand on.
Some glittery paper was used for the punched stars

The figures were coloured with Distress markers. 

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Helen said...

I love the Zinskis and the background is fantastic, it really looks like twinkling Christmas lights.

froebelsternchen said...

You used those lovely Zinskis in a wonderful way--- I like this fantastic background!
Awesome!
Happy weekend dear Chris!
You are such an inspiring hostess!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

I love your fabulous page and these fun figures. I've just made a few Christmas cards using them.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

that is very nice the journal .. the Background is fantastic!!!
Happy weekend Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I fell in LOVE with this background, Chris. It is amazing what you did with this page, and I think because your substrate was black, it added to the allure. It's truly a great AJJ entry and a very colorful way to begin the holiday season.

Jeannette said...

oooh how beautiful,love your amazing backround.
this tow zinkis are fantastic.

hugs jenny

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, Your page is adorable I love it!

Divers and Sundry said...

The world needs more hats! And your background highlights these figures beautifully.

Rita said...

Oh, how cute and goofy these two are. Love the cakground, too. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous fun page! I love the hats they are wearing and they do look a bit like Christmas trees ...lol 😉. Hope you are having a lovely weekend and managed to get out and about wearing one of your warm hats! J 😊

My name is Erika. said...

The are sure cute, but what I really really like it you night sky. It does remind me of looking out at night and all the shadows, lights and stars you can find. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

they are too cute-and what a fabulous looking background Chris!