Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 23 November 2017

A change in the weather!

Hi everyone, we took a trip to the Trafford Centre today(it's our local mall for those who don't live near Manchester UK)

A lot of the shops seem to have gone Black Friday crazy and it's only Thursday!

We weren't there long - just a quick wander around looking for Christmas present ideas! We had a coffee and then headed to M and S for something easy for tea! I have been looking for a new coat for ages and as we came up the escalator I saw MY coat! Vouchers in purse, it didn't cost me much at all! I'm just hoping I don't see it in a sale before Christmas!!!  

I made a very quick page for Art Journal Journey before we went out, although I had prepped the page last night with some scraped on gesso!
This morning I sprinkled it with Paper Artsy Infusions and after it had dried I wiped it over with a damp cloth to remove most of the infusions from the gessoed parts.
I stamped a Tim Holtz Christmas tree - one full size and then used the top part of the stamp for two smaller trees. A Paper doll and some computer words and a teeny scrap of silver card torn from a lego card donated by my GD and I was done.

The boy is dressed for snow - which has just started to fall!
I hope that our friends farther North don't have too much snow, although it is forecast for tomorrow 

Thank you all for the support you are giving for my '101 ways To Keep Warm' theme!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

14 comments:

Redanne said...

Your page is beautiful Chris, I love the stamped trees and the paper doll boy looks perfect in the scene you created! We have not had any snow yet but they we might get some tomorrow..... Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic winter scene Chris. Winter is on its way for sure, its been so cold here.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

hope you got on well with your shopping! great page, and I hope the young lad keeps warm and dry!!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the scene you've created. More rain than snow here.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

I bet if this boy is a skier he's been waiting for the season to change and waiting impatiently for snow. Looks like he's finally got it on your page Chris. :) Happy end ofthe week. Hugs-Erika

Anonymous said...

A fabulous, wonderful page, Chris!
happy Friday
Elke

Pamellia said...

What a wonderfully frosty page Chris! Love your technique withe the tree stamp to create the different sizes of trees. The background is amazing, gives me the feeling of a cool windy winter day. No snow here yet, haven't even seen any ice form on the squirrel's water dish. hugs :)

froebelsternchen said...

A really fantastic winter scene you achieved such a vintage snow feeling -absoltely appropriate to the sky boy and clever made with the tree stamp! Enjoy your new coat! Happy Friday dear Chris and thank you for hosting with such enthusiasm this month!
You make me just happy!
♥♥♥
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My keyboard is still not working. Stopped by to let you know I was here and to wish you a beautiful Thursday. I have a battery powered cleaner (like air in a can, but no cold mess). It's not the keys, it's happened before. Scott has one exactly like mine and it acts the same way. You just have to wait for it to correct itself.

sarascloset said...

Chris, I have really missed visiting with you, but wanted to pop by to thank YOU for the lovely Thanksgiving visit yesterday! It warmed my heart! And now to pop over here to see this gorgeous journal page, I am doubly blessed! Your background is lovely and does remind me of the chill of those dark cold winter days we used to have up north. In fact it reminds me of the weather we had yesterday, albeit no snow! Gorgeous work, as always, sweet girl! Hugs!

craftytrog said...

A fab wintry page Chris! Xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, looks so cold. We've been threatened with snow over the weekend, I hope they are wrong. Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful page! I love the way you created the background with the Infusions and white gesso - amazing 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

Divers and Sundry said...

Great winter scene. I can imagine how he's been watching for that snow. We get less snow here in Memphis than we used to, and we never got much. We'd have to travel a distance to ski.