It's time to reveal the new challenge - 'It's a stitch up' this time and the details are on the SSS blog
My tag represents how I feel when hand sewing - a different matter when it came to what I thought would be a good idea! More of that later…
I started by coating my Ranger tag with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paint to which I added some Black Knight Infusions powder and dragged it down the tag.Once that was dry - not long to wait as this paint dries in super quick time - I used the TH Harlequin layering stencil to add Prima Art Basics Transparent 3D Gloss Gel
Now that does take a while to dry, so I got on with stamping my chosen images onto a linen scrap - I used the sewing elements from the TH Attic Treasures set - I masked off the images one by one to get an illusion of them being in a heap.
I also tried to recreate a happy accident I had some time ago when using the TH harlequin die from the Sizzix TH Thinlets Mixed Media set - as I hadn't taped the die to my plate on my Big Shot it jumped a little giving a lovely jagged edge!
Of course I should have known that I would move the die the wrong way but I know I will use the downward one sometime so that OK!
I used a Ranger Cut-N-Dry Brush Tip Pen Nib to add some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
I also used my Big Shot to cut out 3 of Tim's Sizzix Framelits labels using Ranger Inkssentials Manilla Cardstock
I added TH Remnant rubs from the Botanical set
I used a little Antique Linen DI around the edges.
I managed to get all of this done while we were away at our caravan but when I got home it was straight to my sewing machine to sew the linen onto some old book paper.
Now this is where I had a 'moment' - I always admire folk who include sewing in their card making - it must be easy - right? Ha! Totally wrong colour thread, sewing a very small piece was also tricky, the finished piece looks dreadful- start again!!
Slightly better - well, OK...
I also wanted some beads - paper beads - made by cutting long thin triangles of a sewing page from Tim's Crowded Attic papers and then rolling up from the broad end
The beads were coated with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Pearl Glaze
I could start assembling my tag now, some more sewing(a piece of vintage lace) and then hand sewed a button and the beads onto the corner
Top right I used one of my favourite background stamps, also from the TH Attic Treasures stamp set
I added a TH Trinket pin to my lace, ribbon(coloured with Stormy Sky Distress ink) and twine the top of my tag.
When I came back to take a photo I could see a space to add a TH Big Chat word 'CALM' which is how I feel now I have finished!
Don't forget that one lucky entrant into the challenge could win a $50 voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp!
Thank you once again DT for asking me to join you this month - looking forward to seeing what you get up to in 'STAMPtember'!
Thanks for looking, Chris