Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 30 August 2016

'Children' at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone! It's time for our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday, which you will already have seen from my post title is 'Children'
The Design Team have made some wonderful inspiration to get you started, so please, do go and have a look!



I love making tags (my next favourite after my art journals)
I started by painting my tag with some PA fresco paint - then added some 3D transparent gloss gel through Tim's Doily stencil
Once this was dry I rubbed some Distress Crayons over the tag in rather a random manner before rubbing with a dampened finger.
I had some gelli printed paper leftover from a play session
I ripped a piece off and stamped some text on it as well as inking the edges.
This was then cut to fit the tag and I added some green gauze that also had the ink treatment
The photo is one I had picked out a while ago from the TH Lost relatives pack.

The little girl has her hair in a style that I had as a child - I love the way she has been distracted from the camera - probably by someone telling her to smile!
Does anyone else remember going to a studio in the 50's to have a series of photos taken that were presented in a sheet of square photos so that one could be chosen to enlarge?
  
The little girl is doing just as she is told - just smiling at someone she knows!
I used some Bora Bora Fresco paint over both a metal corner and a flower.  I rubbed it off while wet so that the paint stuck in the grooves.
The flower was added to an old Prima flower and has a gemstone centre.
 I used one of my sale bargain TH die words (I just dabbed it lightly with a touch of Hickory smoke DI to make it blend in more)and added some lace and a button to finish this off.

I hope you will join us this time with your interpretation of  'Children' - it can be any kind of project you wish as long as you keep to the theme! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

If you would like to see more of Chatsworth take a look at my 'T' post previous to this one! 


15 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful tag Chris, she does look a happy child. I remember the photo studio's, but you had to be very good, no big smiles and look at the camera. How times change.
Yvonne xx

hazel said...

A beautiful tag, I love how you've done the background.
xxx Hazel.

chrissie said...

A beautiful tag and the backgrounds shows off the image really well. Looks like me when I was about that age

Love Chrissie xx

Lula said...

Gorgeous tag Chris! Love the way you made the background and the image is soo sweet. I also had my hair in this style as a child! Sweet memories!
Hugs!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Lovely tag ❤

froebelsternchen said...

Your tag is simply AMAZING Chris! Adorable!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous textured background, and I love that shimmery strip across the centre - like mother of pearl. What a lovely tag!
Alison x

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous tag Chris, love the textured background and that little girl looks so sweet.
Avril xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Tag Chris, I love it. xx

Margik said...

Very beautiful tag Chris, I also love this format. The background is so gorgeous! The colours are fantastic too. Mar xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You always put so much into your tags, and I was truly impressed with this one. It's a fantastic theme, and I simply adore how you interpreted it. You go GIRL!

Brenda Brown said...

A delightful tag to fit the theme Chris xxx

Marjut said...

Wow such a beautiful tag, perfect!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a beautiful tag, love the texture and the color scheme.