Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 3 October 2014

Dreaming again!!

Actually I wish I was dreaming more…had a couple of bad nights sleep- no idea why!! It's time to join Dragons Dream Tag It On - this time it's number 176 and the theme is "Letter 'W' and Lace" 
I enjoyed playing with my Lavinia fairies so much the other day that I could resist a whimsical little tag with fairy wings!!
I love the idea of fairies drying their wings on a washing line and this is one of my GD's favourite stamps! This time a naughty fairy has taken two pairs and made a kite!!
The wings were all painted with Cosmic Shimmer paint but sadly, no matter how I held the camera I couldn't get it to shine here!
The lacy sun is shining though and so is the fairy dust(stamped with Brilliance gold ink)!  The background is distress inks and the grass is the edge of a stem.
I added some lace that I had run a mixture of pewter and bronze paint over.

I am linking to Dragons Dream TIO 176 'Letter "W" and Lace'

Thanks for looking, Chris 

14 comments:

Zue said...

Cheeky fairies, they use my washing line too.
Join the club with the sleep thing.
I seldom sleep, so now in my head I do philosophy in the small hours.....sort out all the world's problems!
;)
Zue x

Annie said...

Aw Chris :-) this is lovely and a great idea for the fairy to be drying her wings! Beautiful colours and stamping. TFS and I hope you sleep better tonight

Hugs Annie x

Juliz Design Post said...

A magical tag Chris , with mischievous little fairies.
Have a nice weekend, hope you sleep better.
Julie x

May said...

Gorgeous tag Chris... Love the images & the beautiful colours to the background....Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream....Hugs May x x

Julie Lee said...

Oh, Chris, this is delightful! I can imagine how it must shimmer, even if the camera could not capture it! A lovely tag. Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons so beautifully. Julie Ann xx

Etsuko said...

Such a beautiful and pretty tag! I love hang out the fairy wings and beautiful colours. Thank you for kind comment xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh this is so sweet and clever, totally love it! Such a cool idea to have a naughty fairy make a kite out of wings! Brilliant and gorgeous colours too!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a delicate tag Chris! Jenny x

Sarah Anderson said...

Such a clever idea, love it!

ElizabethR said...

Love it, the idea of all that twinky washing lol. Thanks for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth xxx ps please give me a shout - see the TIO blog!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris, sorry, I think I'm losing my mind I swore I commented on this earlier this week, anywho, I loooooooove this tag, and that stamp is my favorite one of the Lavinia stamps, ( not that I own any ) love the idea of fairies hanging their wings on the line, the cheeky fairy making the letter is BRILLIANT. you created a gorgeous background for it all. I also want to congratulate you for being a Dreamboat again and getting pick for a Guest Design spot, can't wait to see what you create, I'm so excited for you, have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Hettie said...

I love this Chris. I nearly bought this washing line once but went for the pixie clothes. I still love this one and it is still on my wish list.
Hugs
xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The wngs on the line are adorable, and the wings turned into a W kite is ingenious. I really like your sense of humor AND your take on this challenge. Wonderful tag!

Helen said...

sorry I am so late checking this out, not sure how I missed it, it's beautiful!