Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Using Stencils at TIOT

We have a new theme 'Use a Stencil or two' at Try It On Tuesday and we are inviting you to use your stencils in any way you wish! If you don't have any stencils you could use sequin waste or netting to create a similar effect! I have often stencilled through die cuts to suit a theme.

You will see the many ways that the Design Team have used their stencils if you take a look here!

I have loved Angie Lewin's prints for many years so decided to try the style myself but by using stencils.
I roughly brayered a background in one of my larger journals and then dabbed paint through some small stencils before adding larger Dina Wakley stencils and a Paper Artsy leaf one using different green Fresco paints! I also added a black umbel one but no name to be found and a delicate Kay Carley one! I added some stamped grasses and some doodled ones.

I do hope you will join us, the challenge runs for two weeks, please mention and link to the TIOT blog.

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Meggymay said...

I really love how you used the stencils to create this fabulous page Chris.
The colours you used are lovely as well.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a cool piece. This could be fabric Chris! Love you use of the stencils. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A fabulous page

Marjut said...

Your page is so wonderful.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful page! Your pretty scene looks amazing and I love how you built up the layers of stencilling 😁. You must have so much patience to keep the stencilling so neat and crisp, unlike me ...lol 😉. Creative hugs and wishes! J 😊 x

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful range of colours here, Chris and the images are wonderful, especially the delicate ones :-) They're such a contrast to the bold stencilling. Beautiful.
Cath x

Joan said...

Lovely layers of stencilling and colours Chris

Joan

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love how you've layered up the bold stencils in the various greens, a great backdrop for the delicate stencilling.
Avril xx

Rita said...

I do love botanical artwork so much.
Very pretty. Great colors. :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A very beautiful design Chris, love the big and bold foliage. The black images really make a statement upon this piece. Gorgeous use of those stencils.
Hugs Tracey xx

kathyinozarks said...

I love this piece I may try one of these challenges once we move and things get "back to normal"

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly put all those stencils to good use, dear Chris. This is utterly fantastic. I was so surprised that all those were stencils. Knowing your love of stamping, I was so impressed with all the stencils you chose to use.

Words and Pictures said...

There's definitely something very evocative about this style and colours. The layered plants give the impression of a wonderful garden with depths to explore - a lovely page.
Alison x