Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 16 April 2019

T Stands For..the trip to Paris

Hi everyone!
We are back from our Paris trip which was quite a packed few days.I really do apologise for not visiting last week and hope to catch up soon!

The main reason for choosing the dates to go was because VersionScrap Paris was on - the big crafting show!

We had already got into the mood by spending time(accidentally)in the cafe bar carriage with our friend on the way over on Eurostar! He had missed his own train and realised that we were on the same train!

Hubby and I spent the first day going by the Arc de Triomphe on the way to check out the new Lafayette store on the Champs Elysees.


Quite an impressive space but not the same charm as the main store!
I loved this display though...
...and the the moving conveyor belt of accessories!
Hubby checked the price of one of the suitcases!!!
From here we headed to Place de Sorbonne and one of our favourite restaurants, for food and location - a square at the back of the Sorbonne!
I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday here!

Vegetarians...don't look!!
We had the set meal(formule) of a tender cutlet of Pork,fries and fondant potatoes in a crisp batter...followed by the most delicious fruit crumble I have ever tasted - there was very little sugar as it had spices and nuts in it!
As you can see we had water to drink and a coffee that I forgot to take a photo of!
After a little bit of retail therapy in an art supplies shop we headed to the Parc Floral at St Vincennes.

I was surprised when the friends I was planning on seeing were also at the evening event that we had been invited to, so we started our fun a day early!
The next morning we were up early and on our way back to Version Scrap.
Hubby had a quick look around and then headed off to explore the area!
My French pals and I had booked to do a Make and Take with Azoline of Carabelle Studios...more of that another time!
My French was tested and declared to be understood and I am understanding far more by listening closely!

There are lots of stands at this show but I didn't manage to take many photos!

  Great inspirational projects though!

I really can't take selfies!! This is with pals Sylvie and Coco.

Someone was able to take this one of my lovely friend Ab and me...
...you will only be able to see the 'other' photo of us on my 'chrisxpear' Instagram feed!!!

We spotted this on the way to the Metro afterwards.

That's all for now! I have still got a poorly knee that's really painful at the moment...too much walking I think!!
I am off to the hospital to see a consultant early tomorrow morning!

Thanks for looking and Happy T day! Chris 

18 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Happy T-Day! Your photos of Paris are fantastic. What a beautiful city. By any chance did you also visit Notre Dame Cathedral while you were there? I was so sad to see the news yesterday, of it burning.

Meggymay said...

A lovely post Chris and it sounds like you had a great time. All the photos looked lovely.
Did you treat yourself to some crafting goodies at the fair?
Happy T day wishes .
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

How fun to get both a trip to Paris and a big craft show at the same time. And since I haven't had my dinner you meal is making me so hungry! Hope you have so many more photos for us. Hope it was a happy T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

wow a craft event in Paris sounds awesome!! enjoyed all the photos
and your meal looks soooo delicious-I am hungry now for sure.
Happy T wishes Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

well with such a flurry of travel and activities it's no wonder your knee is poorly. But what a time!! It all looks wonderful Chris and how cool to do a make and take with Carabelle Studio- I do love their things. And that wisteria- be still my heart! Glad you enjoyed your trip, thanks for sharing, and happy T day!

Helen said...

I knew you must have been to Version Scrap! Love the photos. Glad to see you back (hope you got some nice goodies!) and hope the consultant can help with your knee today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, happy T Day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous impression of your trip dear Chris - how clever to combine with the arty event- Looks like you had much fun! So sad about Notre Dame - what a desaster! Hve a great T-Day and HAPPY EASTER my friend!

Big hugs, Susi

johanna said...

good you had a nice trip, i saw some of your photos on insta.
the fire at notre dame was a tragedy. i wish you a happy easter:))

Neet said...

What a fabulous post - you should do a book on Paris as you know your way around so well and you make it so interesting.
Great to see you at the show with friends - especially Abs - what a sweetie he is.
I am still marvelling at the cutlet - don't think I have seen such a big piece of meat on a plate in a long time. Yummy!
Take care, good luck with the hospital visit
Hugs, Neet xx

Divers and Sundry said...

How wonderful to be able to connect with folks and activities like that in Paris. So exciting! These photos are wonderful :) Happy T Day

Lisca said...

Looks like you had a really good time in Paris. The craft show looks great and I hope you will post more photos.
I had to smile at your hubby looking at prices. Well, Lafayette is a bit like Harrods so what do you expect!
Isn't it awful that the Notre Dame burned. I was in shock in front of my screen watching live streams on CNN.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

You must have missed the cathedral burning and been home by then. Looks like you had a marvelous time! :)

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful photos of Paris! How fun that that you were able to visit a craft show and glean lots of inspiration. The flowering plants and trees are beautiful. And I must say that your meal has me drooling. Those fried potatoes and meat looks SO DELICIOUS!!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I suspect by now you have been to the doctor and have something to ease the pain in your knee. And it's a good way of saying how sorry I am for being so late visiting. You snuck into Paris and were back before I even realized it. How much fun you and your friends must have had. You know I always love seeing photos of you in France, especially Paris. Beautiful photos of the sites. I was surprised about the show, though. I didn't see anything I haven't tried in the past. The concept of those hoops with flowers around them has been around since forever. I even made something similar. However, it was fun to see what is old is new again.

You didn't even tempt me with the pork, but I would gladly eat those fries and your dessert. Water was a good choice, as is coffee in my world. Thanks so much for sharing your photos from Paris and your meal and water/coffee with us for T this week, dear Chris. Again, I am SO sorry I am late visiting. I can't believe I have finally finished with T links.

Gerrina said...

So great that you met Coco and Sylvie! that would be the reason why I would go to VersionScrap! Helas is it always round the same tome as the Art Specially Event in the Netherlands...and there I meet so many of my stampingfriends from the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany every year... Looks like you had a great time!
Love the pic of the blue flowers!

Sharon Madson said...

How fun to go to Paris! I haven't been there in over 25 years. I imagine it has changed! Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing. Happy T Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time in Paris! I loved seeing your photos and your hubby's face whilst checking out the suitcase prices made me smile ...lol 😉. Sorry I'm so late visiting, I hope your knee is better and sending you happy belated a T Day wishes! Take care! J 😊 x