Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 1 April 2019

T Stands For...............a two-fer!

In fact it may even be a three-fer!

First I have my calendar journal pages!
I hadn't even had time to think about making this months so when I saw Wendy's super new theme 'Having Fun' at Art Journal Journey I got some inks and stencils and had some fun!
Edit - also entering at Moo Mania and More - Colourful - meant to do it at the time!!
I hope you think the characters are having fun too!
 I went down the page with the lettering as I wanted more space for the Elena Zinski minis (Zinis)I used a swipe of fresco paint so that they didn't get lost in the background.
 It's a big contrast from last months.

As it's time to join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for Tea Stands For Tuesday I thought I would share the fun I had on Mothers Day.
I may have mentioned that my youngest son loves to cook. Baking is something he loves especially so when I requested that I would like to have a picnic he said he would bake a few things!
I forgot to take a photo of the three boxes of different flavoured sausage rolls he made, including my favourite...sausage, cheese and marmite! He also made some Mexican style and some Moroccan style ones...yes I did try them all!!!
Clockwise he made pear and chocolate muffins, Mocha blondies, salted caramel cornflake fingers, Rhubarb crumble traybake, iced sponge, and hazelnut, chocolate and rice crispy squares. I didn't dare try them all but I did have to have half of the salted caramel one.The Mocha blondie was delicious and so was the hazel nut one.
We were lucky to get a picnic table outside the entrance lodge that could seat everyone (two partners couldn't make it)and it was great to talk (and laugh while we ate) As you will see our picnics are far from posh affairs!
 Middle son with his nephew, who os sitting next to his Dad..
 ...and middle son's children!
I think there are enough drinks here for T day!!
Youngest (baker) son is here with hubby.
We were near enough to take the bags back to cars and then set off for our walk!

As you know hubby and I visit the formal gardens here a lot and we have seen folk on the paths around so decided to follow one.


 Little did I know what was around the corner...
 steps...
...and more steps!

In fact two more lots of steep ones both up and down followed! We seemed to heading away from the mill so after asking someone we realised that we were going to have to turn back...sooo....after 4ups and 4 downs I am just a little achey today - it's a good job my orthopaedic appointment has come through, although it isn't until the end of the month and I have a trip to Paris in between!!

The scenery was worth it though, and the chance to chat as we went around!



Loved this little monster!

There was also the bonus that I achieved far more than my recommended steps and activity time and my blood levels were low when I got home too! 

I do believe I can squeeze in a Second On the 2nd post too as it is approaching the 2nd!!
This post is from the 4th April 2015 (I will link tomorrow)
I have scheduled this post so that I can say "Happy Easter" to everyone and a big Thank you for all your encouraging comments.
I have made an Easter page in my Dylusions Journal to show you.
I used a set of Dina Wakley stencils and masks to make this - not sure whether it's finished though - I may go back and doodle more!
I added a small text stamp through a circle mask and some small circles cut from a piece I made at Dina's workshop.

I hope you enjoyed this three-fer!

Thanks for looking, Chris




26 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I love those fun creatures! You have my kind of picnic, except you have a lot more baked goods lol Everything looks delicious. That woodland walk is definitely my kind of trail, but it would've been nice to have mileage information at the trail-head ;) Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

That is so wonderful that your son loves to bake and cook! and he baked up allot too. wow that is allot of steps-my Husband would have had to turn around and go back. I love a good walk in the woods-I need to that before we move away from ours-I will miss it for sure.
Loved your second on the 2nd post-perfect for April-and enjoy your upcoming trip.
Happy T wishes and Second on the 2nd Hugs Kathy

Bridget Larsen said...

wow how lucky are you that someone can cook in your house other than you. Tell your son I can just taste if from Australia
Bridget x 11

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what delectable treats from your son! Looks like you had a super Mother's Day filled with love and good food. I would have done that walk too even if my knee was acting up (I have OA in my right knee which on occasion flares up). Lovely calendar pages. And lucky you to be making another trip to France! Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

I love to bake also and boy those treats for your picnic look wonderful. Lucky you to have such a talented son and you get to enjoy his talent. And love your calendar for April. What fun little creatures! Happy T day and great to see your second look also. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

I love the start of the April page with the Zinis. Looks a bit chilly for a picnic, but yum!! the walk looks challenging up and down all those steps but I love the funghi on the tree.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos of your walk. Those baked goods look very tempting, and I'm sitting here hungry.... Glad you all had a great get-together. Lovely piece for 2nd on the 2nd, too. And of course, a gorgeous calendar. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your calendar pages are amazing. Those little creatures are so cute and fun to see. It's a really colorful month, too. Yes, very different from March's sublime look.

I want to hire your son to come cook for me, Chris. All those baked goods look wonderful. Now I'm really hungry. REALLY hungry. BTW, I'd never heard of blondies until a month or so ago. Not sure what rock I have been hiding under, BUT . . . .

I've never been able to understand how these food shows have picnics with formal looking table runners, plates, dishes, etc. I much prefer an informal setting, which focuses on good food and good times. Sounds like the perfect day, and I agree that there were tons of drinks to share and go around for everyone. Thanks for sharing these with us for T this Tuesday.

I have to admit, I got tired just seeing all those steps (grin). I'm glad you are in good shape now, or at least your blood levels are in good shape.

It's obvious I didn't know you in 2015, so this is actually a first look for me. It's an absolutely lovely journal page and a great one celebrating Easter. Thanks for sharing this second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

froebelsternchen said...

The calendar-pages are just super and perfect for AJJ's new theme! Thank you Chris and thank you for sharing all the lovely family photos and that second look page and those treats for the picnic looks simply tempting!♥♥♥
Happy T-Day!
Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful calendar page for this month, the critters look so cute.
Your post was lovely to read, great photos of your picnic and day out with the family. Your son's baking looked delicious, what a great variety of flavours and rolls to taste. A walk sounds good afterwards, but I thin I would have had to pass on those steps.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

WendyK said...

Love your calendar page, and those little folks I am addicted to. I have made a page with them as well, I just can’t resist them. The food your son made looks fantastic, and the woodland walk just lovely. Thank you for joining us on AJJ

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork. The desserts looked delicious. What a great place to picnic and go for a walk. It looked a little cold, though. Happy T-Day!

Darla said...

That looks like a picnic I would enjoy. It is great that your son likes to cook, looks like he does it very well too. What a wonderful place to walk. I like those shelf like fungus growing on the tree. We have something similar in our area. Always nice to get a second look at art work.

johanna said...

ok, i have a sugar shock now... good i already had my lunch;)
your dina-style journaling looks super, the colors are very apt to spring! happy t -day:)

Let's Art Journal said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family on the picnic, those sausage rolls sounds amazing and all the baked goodies look delicious, please can I try one of eat ...lol 😉. That's a lot of steps too! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

Kate Yetter said...

The style and colors of your journal page are not only fun but quirky. I love it!
Wow! Your son is quite the baker. I would have a hard time saying no to all of those delicious looking sweets. And how sweet that he made them with you in mind. Your family is beautiful and it looks like you all had a wonderful day together eating and enjoying nature. That is amazing that you were able to make it up and down those stairs with your leg issues.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

I want to go on picnics with you! Those goodies look absolutely scrumptious. I would have had to try them all. And I would have had to have more for fortification after all that walking. Such a lovely area and to share the day with family such a wonderful gift. I thought your monster looked like an old, dog. I like the colors on your Easter page. They remind me of the colors at dusk. Happy T Day

Lisca said...

What a great picnic! And so wonderful that you have a son who likes baking.
Sounds like you have given your knee a good work-out climbing all those stairs and back!
Thank you for taking us with you on your picnic and your walk through the woods. I enjoyed it.
And you managed a second on the second! Well done for remembering!
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Dianne said...

Wish I could join you on one of your walks! Your picnic certainly looks like a jolly time, and I would say that your baker/son really outdid himself with all the treats! Love your April calendar, and the fun critters! happy belated T day!

Eileen Bergen said...

Sorry for the fly-by comment this week, Chris. I have very limited Internet.

He would bake a few things?! OMGosh, you have a potential professional chef or baker in your family. His creations look wonderful! And it looks like you had a great - though chilly - gathering.

Your April page is wonderful! Love those funny critters.

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Neet said...

Love your Mother's Day celebration. What a fantastic family you have to take you out on a picnic like that. Such an array of gorgeous food too. That post in itself says "having fun" but your journal says it a different way. love Zinski's and you have used them just perfectly with all that bright and colourful background. What a fun page this is - would brighten up anyone's day as soon as they saw it.
Brill Chris!
Hugs, Neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

I can see you had lots of fun with those calendar pages, and at your wonderful family picnic as well... how handy to have such an eager baker in the tribe! Lovely to see that pretty Easter page again too.
Alison x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous calendar page Chris and wonderful photos from your Mothers Day outing. Looks like a yummy picnic and how wonderful to have a baker in the family, cakes look fabulous.
Avril xx

John Paul said...

Awesome post. I really liked it.
It really helped me ton. Please to be continued and posts like these.
Mothers Day Is coming I will prefer you to check out my collection and wish others.
Mothers Day Images 2019
Regards,
John

Claudia Austin said...

Appealing website great info,for those who are die hard sports fan
Today with modern chromecast, or HDTVs, laptops and fiber fast internet we can simply connect to our favorite sites and watch every sporting event right in our web-browser for free Read More

Anonymous said...

This information is really good. Your info is really good. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Such a great blog!It contains wonderful and helpful info. Keep up the good work. Thank you for this wonderful work.www.oysmarto.website straighttalkcustomerservicephone.blogspot.com