Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 March 2019

T Stands For.........the spring.....

....that's still not in my step! I am still having difficulty in stepping it out, so our longer walks have been put on hold! I've been to see my GP who is referring me for a scan on my knee...I'm waiting...

This has left more time for crafting and catching up on TV series that we have missed!

The background was made with some stencilling with AALLandcreate stencils and some random stamping with their stamps!
I found this piece of coloured paper that I think may have come from a Daphne's Diary as there are a whole load of this kind of paper with different flowery images on.
I cut it up and arranged it in random rows before adding flowers by Tracy Evans(more AALLandcreate)I stamped and cut some out and overlaid where I had stamped them. The quote is from the same set!
I used one of the flowers from this set along the bottom to ground them and after spattering some ink I used the remaining ink on the  brush to ground them.

We caught the tram to the cinema today with a coffee at Gino's before we crossed the road to the cinema and it is here I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday
The cafe was very busy so no hubby shot today - here is my Americano and hubby's Cappuccino.
We went to see Captain Marvel, the back story of how the Avengers started. An action packed film for sure but quite fun too!

On our way home we got off the bus a stop early to walk back by the River Mersey - what a raging torrent! We have had a lot of rain!

Here are shots of the same area back in April last year - the island with the heron on can't be seen, although a few little twigs are waving above the water.

The weir can't be seen either and there is a lot of debris on the bank.

Sorry this is a short post again. Maybe my poorly knee has happened at a good time as I am busy making samples for Crafty Individuals show on Hochanda on the 1st and 2nd  of April. I can tell you that the new stamps are just amazing...just wait and see! I am really enjoying using them!

Thanks for looking, Chris



19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry your knee is playing up, hope it soon feels better. Glad you were still able to have a good outing. Your coffee looks good. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh no fun to have a bad knee especially when you enjoy walking so much as do I. Hopefully you get a proper diagnosis and can have it treated. Pretty journal page! Still cold here too but our Spring birds are making appearances so I am hopeful for much warmer weather very soon:) Happy T day!

Helen said...

Hope your knee feels better soon! the river really is raging isn't it!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris, sorry to read you're having trouble with your knee, hope you dont have to wait too long for the scan.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic spring page Chris, I love the background stamping and stencils as well as those flowers.
I hope you get your knee scanned soon and get the pain under control.
happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

Your journal page is lovely with all those flowers. I love the black and white flowers against that very colorful background.
Your walk along the river looks wonderful. What a peaceful place to be.
I hope that your knee feels better soon. In the meantime, enjoy the extra crafty time.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with that Knee Chris, hopefully making those samples has taken your mind off it a little. Fingers crossed it will all sorts itself out soon and you will be back to enjoying those walks like before.
Your page is fabulous btw, you've showcased those AALL & Create stamps magnificently.
Heeling Hugs sent your way Tracey xx
P.S Happy T-Day

My name is Erika. said...

Hope everything with your knee works out soon. And I am glad o hear your movie review because I'm hoping to maybe go to see that film this weekend. It still sounds like you had a nice day out. And I do love the art and especially the effect of those warm colored paper strips. They work so well. Happy belated T day. hugs-Erika

johanna said...

wonderful spring page - love the contrast of the colorful background and the b/w flowers. all the best for your knee!! have a great week♥

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope all is sorted for you soon and you are feeling much better! Your spring page is gorgeous, the beautiful paper that you cut up looks just like flower petals and are the perfect colours for spring 😁. I'm loving your background too, so pretty! The film sounds fun and you picked the perfect day with the beautiful sunny weather, wow the rain really has raised the water levels of the river, hasn't it! Take care and sending you happy T Day wishes! J 😊 x

Let's Art Journal said...

... thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey too! J 😊 x

kathyinozarks said...

Your spring page is beautiful-I love your background textures too
enjoyed all the photos too-we are getting loads of rain here as well allot of flooding not too far from me.
so glad you were able to watch a movie-how fun!!
Happy T hugs Kathy

Neet said...

Glad you are having fun with your DT work but not so with your poorly knee. Sending healing thoughts.
Gosh those river pictures really show how much water has collected - looks almost terrifying.
Anyhow, I cam here to say how much I like your |Spring page - so vey pretty and extremely spring-like. Well done.
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

Your journal page issobeautiful with all those flowers against the colourful background. Thanks a lot for sharing it with AJJ dear Chris!
The river looks so wonderful, I bet you liked the film!
Happy belated T-Day!
I hope that your knee feels better very soon. Big hugs, and healing wishes for your knee!
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

It's a shame for a wonky knee to slow you down. I hope you find a way to get that spring back in your step :) The rain has been torrential here, too. It's amazing to see how high the water gets! Happy T Day

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page and lovely photos Chris! Hope your knee is better soon.
Alison xx

Lisca said...

I'm sorry about your knee. Now it is a waiting game...
In the meantime you can do more crafting. Great!
Your trip to the cinema sounds fun. And a lovely walk on the way back. Gosh that Mersey certainly is full!
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Lisca

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely page, Chris. Great background. I hope the spring is back in your step soon.

Will your Crafty Individuals samples be shown on the Hochanda show? That would be exciting!

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork and great photos.