Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Inspired By A Word

The  Try It On Tuesday Design Team have been pondering on words this time and becoming inspired by just one word! It may be part of a quote but please tell us what the word that inspired you is!
Please do take a look here to get some inspiration!
I have made a card to give some encouragement to someone!

The image is a Crafty Individuals one. When I saw this image as part of a giveaway in a magazine I remembered that I had this stamp in rubber too and it fits perfectly with my chosen word - which is 'BELIEVE'
The butterflies are flying close by some teasles - nothing much there for them but they can see what we can't- just around the back of the teasles is a meadow full of flowers.
Sometimes it's not about what you see in front of you but what may be coming next
This is the inside of the card
I used one of my favourite swirl stamps (also by Crafty Individuals) onto a gelli print background which I softened with a light braying of Snowflake Fresco paint.
I stamped and heat embossed the two butterflies from the main stamp and used another CI stamp to pick out the word using a distress marker and with a bit of 'hahh-ing' stamped it onto book paper.
Finally I added some Peeled Paint distress ink around the edges and added some doodle outlining!

We are all looking forward to seeing which words inspire you and as usual the challenge runs for 2 weeks from the date of this post.

Thanks for looking, Chris 

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Chris, great theme, too. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Really pretty Chris! Believe is a great word. Hugs-Erika

Dora said...

Fantastic.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the word that you chose as inspiration and you captured it beautifully on your card 😁. The inside design is amazing too! Wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

You chose a super word Chris for inspiration. Its a beautiful card and I hope the butterflies find the hidden meadow.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Lovely card Chris, I love the stamp and also how pretty the inside of the card is too



Joan

froebelsternchen said...

Simply gorgeous! BELIEVE is a wonderful word to be inspired by! Happy Try It On Tuesday dear teamie!
oxo Susi

Mrs.B said...

Lovely card Chris and the inside looks son pretty too.
Avril xx

Helen said...

Fabulous card!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork. I like the predominantly black colors you used. It's perfect.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Chris, and wonderful words! xxx

Marjut said...

Simply gorgeous card!

Cath Wilson said...

Very wise words there, Chris and beautiful artwork.
Cath x

Rosie said...

This is amazing, love it

Caty said...

So wonderful card Chris !! Just amazing ! Love the so beautiful stamps, the colours and the lovely design ! Great !
Wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty