Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 18 March 2019

Still waiting!

Hi everyone! Just back from our caravan - a windy but lovely weekend! Details of where we went will follow in my next post.
I also got on with my sample making for Crafty Individuals Hochanda shows - there are now going to be three shows - 3.00p.m on Sunday 31st March and 11.00am and 4.00pm on the 1st April. The new stamps are amazingly beautiful!

So, what am I waiting for? Well, my scan appointment came through - it's on Wednesday. My son has good news on the Manoir he is buying in France, but has to wait until paperwork has gone through!
Mainly though, I am still waiting for Spring and I have had time to make another page for Art Journal Journey.
I had a background prepared where I had used distress inks and brayered paint.
It's just as well I had time, as this is attempt three! I stamped an image directly on the page using my stamp platform, coloured the image then restamped to make the outline crisp...except that..even though I had taped the page and used the magnets, I must have pulled at the page and it totally mis-stamped!
On to plan B, I had some of my lovely handmade papers from Elizabeth ready to use for something else so decided to stamp a different image onto this...

...but it just didn't want to. The texture is just so wonderful but the image looked dreadful....a bit of a rethink needed, but decided that I really didn't want to cover it with a magazine image so what you see on my page is the reverse side, still beautiful and Tracy Easson's hare fits perfectly.
I stamped a fantasy flower image by Azoline at Carabelle studios and coloured it with sparkly pens.
Next came some dotting around with paint on the wooden end of a paintbrush and some white Posca pens.
The watery sun was stencilled at the top and I doodled in some ground! The words are from various Tim Holtz stickers.

I am entering at Art Journal Journey and Jo's 'Hello Spring' theme
and
Moo Mania and More's Close to Nature theme

Thanks for looking, Chris


  

10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This came out gorgeous Chris. I love how the stamped looks on that hand made paper from E. I am just like the fun bunny image. Waiting and watching for spring. For sure! Glad it was a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Wow- I love the effect of the stamp on the hand made paper from Dr.E.! A wonderful page! Thanks for joining us at AJJ again! So much appreciated! Happy start of the week!
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing page! The hare stamp looks wonderful and being stamped on the beautiful homemade paper from Bleubeard and Elizabeth sets him apart from the rest of the design so he looks like he is waiting for spring - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey again! All the best for Wednesday, take care! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

I find it encouraging to hear what went wrong and how you dealt with that. That homemade paper is perfect, and the rabbit delightful. I really like the flowers, too. I have had no luck with stamps, and I enjoy seeing how good they look when done right :)

Joan said...

A lovely page , came out fine after all your tribulations! Looks like I am going to HAVE to buy some more CI stamps (sigh)


Joan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely Spring artwork. I'm watching and waiting too. My daffodils are getting taller, but they won't open for awhile yet.

froebelsternchen said...

Where are my manners??? Thank you for supporting Moo Mania & More as well with this amazing piece!
Big hugs,
Susi

Helen said...

gorgeous page Chris, even if the first one went wrong.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris, the hare looks lovely stamped on the hand made paper.
I hope all will go well for the scan on Wednesday.
Yvonne xx

Brenda Brown said...

A great way to watch for Spring coming, hope it’s just round the corner xxx